Tweaking an Abu

Rate this topic

Luke

I did a search and found plenty of information on upgrading and tweaking Abu's. Most of the info was for the 6500 size and some on the 7000. My questions are:

Can I tweak a 5500 size (ie smoothies, gear upgrade, levelwind bearing) just as easily?

Are the 5500 upgrades interchangeable with the 6500 or are they size specific?

Are the upgrades I mentioned above pretty much the norm or am I missing something? What I'm looking to do is upgrade a 5500 sized Abu to make it a smooth drag, high speed, long casting ma-cheen. wink.gif

every part except the frame, spool and spindle is interchangeable between the 5500 size and the 6500 size and even the 4500 size...

same parts fit both... hope this helps.

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. But, if you teach a man to fish, he will spend all his money on fishing tackle and won't be able to afford to eat!

every part except the frame, spool and spindle is interchangeable between the 5500 size and the 6500 size and even the 4500 size...

same parts fit both... hope this helps.

Thanks! That helps quite a bit. Now I just need to pretend I know what I'm doing, order the right parts and install them. How hard could it be? freak.gifwink.gif