Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Fishing Pole

Devcon

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a place in or near Worcester, Mass. that carries the larger syringes of the 2 ton clear. I have looked at Home cheapos and their competitor, AC Mores, paint stores. No one seems to carry it around here. All I found was the one that dries with a yellow tint. I need clear. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

TFP

Thanks guys. As always you were right. It's the only place I didn't check.......Wally World. Went in after work and they had one tube remaining. Asked them when they would get more and they just shrugged their shoulders.confused.gif

One is better then none for now.

TFP

TFP;

Take the cardboard that the Devcon 2 Ton comes on and Zerox it. Give a copy to anyone you know that goes in WallyWorld on a regular basis biggrin.gif I did this and I have about 35 tubes on hand at all times.

My wife just called from the store nearby "Hey is it 2 ton/30 minute you want?"

The price I got at the hardware store for a case was 45 cents higher than the $1.97 Sam charges wink.gif

Build an inventory naughty.gif

tell me something..all the goop[2 ton] I've seen in stores the hardner is almost amber it's so dark,,it turns clear after it's mixed or is this just old stock from sitting on the shelf.

CS, The devcon 30's hardner is amber in color. It turns clear when mixed together. The hardner in the devcon 5 minute epoxy is clear. Its one way to tell them apart once they are out of the packages.

TFP;

Take the cardboard that the Devcon 2 Ton comes on and Zerox it. Give a copy to anyone you know that goes in WallyWorld on a regular basis biggrin.gif I did this and I have about 35 tubes on hand at all times.

My wife just called from the store nearby "Hey is it 2 ton/30 minute you want?"

The price I got at the hardware store for a case was 45 cents higher than the $1.97 Sam charges wink.gif

Build an inventory naughty.gif

This is why I can't find this stuff since you got into plug building.beatin.gif

This is why I can't find this stuff since you got into plug building.beatin.gif

Come on SK, you know that store never has it. I think I ws only in there once when they had a full 12 or 15 tubes in the rack. My wife bought me 5 today!

Does anyone have a problem with this yellowing -- after a while --- I made some plugs last year and maybe 50% of them are yellowing... Did I not mix it long enough? Or is this what can be expected with this.

I gave up the Devcon when I found 8 ounce, 30 minute epoxy kits at Hobby Lobby and Michaels craft stores for $8.99. Also, it appears to stay clearer over time than the Devcon.