Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big popper

Eal's on the move

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

A hands-free way would be to get a small burlap bag and tuck the open end under your belt. Once in a while dunk it in the water to keep them lively.

get a bucket and drill holes thru the bottom fill half way with ice and put eels on top cover with wet rag... this works better in the fall ice don't melt as fast, some people use soft coolers with refrezeable ice things... eels must be cool and wet to stay alive, don't let them sit in water they'll drownbiggrin.gif

get a small mesh bag and package the eels in seperate ziplock bags, with 1 ice cube a piece. when ready hook the eel right through the baggy, and pull it through. this method works for me, especially when i`m wading deep.

few options:

1.) Medium sized lunch cooler

2.) the two or three bucket system

3.) Laundry bag ( can add a zip tie and just throw the thing into the water to keep 'um alive

4.) old school- in a bucket no water

soft cooler lunch bags at "dollar stores" only a buck

Yup I've used most ways imagineable but I like the small soft sided cooler the best. No eel slime all over ya and they keep better than the mesh bags and very easy to transport and keep on you at all times. Throw in a small moist towel or rag plus another for handling the snakes and one of those small 4-8 oz frozen water bottles and your good to go. Slide your surf belt through the little handle and away you go to your spots, perch or whatever.

can't be lettin the eel slime bother ya - you're a fisherman remember biggrin.gif

If you're on the sand the softsided cooler is cool, but if you're wading a mesh laundry baggy with a couple rags in it will keep em lively icon14.gif

there are small mesh bags- basically a much smaller version of the mesh laundry bags- that they make for washing womens squirrel covers. They are pretty good. Like most, I use a ton of different things depending on where I'm going...

there are small mesh bags- basically a much smaller version of the mesh laundry bags- that they make for washing womens squirrel covers. They are pretty good. Like most, I use a ton of different things depending on where I'm going...

squirrel coverssmile.gif

rotflmfoa

zip lock bags! one eel in a bag push the hook threw the bag under the jaw of the eels pull him out and your good to go! put the bag in your pocket! good luck!

RHM