Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Otter

dog whisperer

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

i caught a bunch of the shows and i dunno, all i see is the guy doing a tremendous amount of good. he's a natural with dogs. they respond to him and his techniques with great results as far as i can tell but people, particularly small dog, dustmop type foo foo breeders slam him relentlessly. whats the problem? confused.gif jealousy?

probably the same people who treat their dogs like spoiled children and let them eat at the table.

I think he has the magic...he looked in the camera and said roll over and next thing i knew i was under the coffee table

he's got the juice icon14.gif even when that bulldog grabbed his hand he was kinda happy about it and said it was his fault. does alot of pr for breeds that get a bad rap like rotties and pitbulls. my opinion he's a good dude.

ok thats why im asking. thats unfortunate but certainly an exception to his work from what ive seen. any others or is that an isolated incident? sooner or later its bound to happen but from what i read he wasnt even there confused.gif and the dogs ok isnt it? one mutt gets a little lumped up cause it wouldnt roll with the homies, thats how it works in south central. if you understood beaners this wouldnt be such a surprise. breed envy i say

I've never watched the show but if he trains using negative reenforcement and punishment techniques then I don't agree with his methods. I expect my dog to do what I ask because he wants to please, not because he's afraid of getting beat or worse.

mexican herd mentality cwm27.gif

if you never saw the show then you really cant comment on it can ya? i dont know if its negative or fear as some people say. i see alot of love for dogs that are facing their last chance before being put down. sometimes he has to sit on em and certainly tires em out to make sure they get execsized but i dont call that abuse confused.gif never saw him hit or beat a dog.

whats exactly what he does? confused.gif ive seen nothing more than firm handling. no hitting, no beating, and lots of positive reeinforcement and reward for calm submissive energy. you have to be de pack leedur icon14.gif