Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blues Brother

When will you start?

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

When will you start serious bass fishing in the spring? I've never caught any before late April,and then only on clams. I've never had "hot" fishing until mid May. I'm talking primarily the surf cause I don't know any good fishing/access

spots behind LBI & IBSP. Come on spring!

You can get small bass in the beginning of April, racer blues by Mid April, or a little sooner if you don't mind some wind and rain.

General location out back Raritan. Try scouting out new places this year, you will find them. - Dark

theres a bunch of places to get early spring bass. Take the time to poke around inside. There more than just spring time spots. I find them there all season, which is nice when ya want to catch a bass and its blowing 30 NE 8-10' for the past few days.

My best day to date was 4/16 of last year, but I don't think I can wait that long before getting it wet. I'll probably start heading to the beaches a little more seriously in mid March. Especially ahead of any n'easters.

Unfortunately for me I won't be able to start fishing until school is over, which is around middle of second week of May, and like you said that's when the serious fishing starts.biggrin.gif Can't wait.

Tomorrow.

Today!biggrin.gif

Just got back from IBSP.

Blowing good ESE with an invigorating stinging rain.

Nothing on bait or arties.

Probably get out next weekend one day depending on the weather. Hopefully my new 9' Lami jetty & surf rod from the SOL online store will be her so I can break it in on some rats... then probably not again until mid April dunking clams somewhere along the Bayshore.

brig is it for spring surf bass!!!wink.gif

i think our shallow water and far out bars that makes the fall suck.frown.gif

makes the spring run as good as it gets.

i got my first keeper mar 19? 32in, 11lbs this year from what it was the first keeper on the island for the year.?? as far as i know

by the first two weeks of april most years theres a pretty good pick.

of fare fish.

and the 2nd weeks of april it realy starts to turn on.

may is the best fishing we get!!

depending on water temp.

the bite can stay good through june.

Large mouth bass today!! Tarpon and snook tomorrow!! stripers in late May on Bunka heads. Man ,I cannot fish with a hundred guys going crazy in a blitz like last year. Well maybe just once.wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Tomorrow or Wed. Hmmmmmmm maybe both good morning tides....and evenin' tides If I hook up, I'll have to walk em' all the way to Jersey side from Staten Island ( We're closed ) to land em'.