Pictures of your Abu

Rate this topic

Ocracokeobx

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtom111 View Post

Main gear is  stainless steel and carbontex washer !!! 

carbontex  !!!;) 

Hi tomtom ,

nice work . Superb craftsmanship indeed ! 

Are the parts in the photo available as spares from PF or are they sourced elsewhere ?

I wish to modify a 6500 C3 and a 6500 Rocket Chrome , in order for the drag to click when giving out line when in gear and fighting a fish [ like a threadline reel ] , instead of clicking when only in freespool mode  .

A line out / drag clicker is a handy feature , esp at night to avoid avoid winding blindly in the dark when a fish is dragging out line .

[  I have an older reel [ Ulta Mag XL II ] that has a drag clicker that works by system depicted in the photo - a spring in the main gear and holes in the drag washer , and wish to convert my newer reels to this set up .  I feel that ABU have erred by discontinuing this feature  ]

Again , superb craftsmanship  ...

To tomtom , 

yes , but I suspect that I will be needing the main gear for it , and the appropriate pinion , plus the drag washer with holes in it .

UT make a line out / drag clicker kit  , but I have been told they are very expensive .  Ken D [ and others in the repair forum ] have suggested that sourcing spare parts from the older models is probably the best way to go .

It would be a great mod  if I could make it all fit together  ; as in the dark with waves breaking I cannot hear the line being dragged out and am often winding blindly against the drag going out 

[ the UT kit has the main gear with the spring you have pictured , plus drag washer with holes , pinion , and carbotex drag washers , etc ..,] 

I have just read that you are from Australia also - would you mind if I send you a PM sometime for advice ???

Also , do you assemble custom  reels to order  for customers ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barramundi View Post

To tomtom , 

yes , but I suspect that I will be needing the main gear for it , and the appropriate pinion , plus the drag washer with holes in it .

UT make a line out / drag clicker kit  , but I have been told they are very expensive .  Ken D [ and others in the repair forum ] have suggested that sourcing spare parts from the older models is probably the best way to go .

It would be a great mod  if I could make it all fit together  ; as in the dark with waves breaking I cannot hear the line being dragged out and am often winding blindly against the drag going out 

[ the UT kit has the main gear with the spring you have pictured , plus drag washer with holes , pinion , and carbotex drag washers , etc ..,] 

I have just read that you are from Australia also - would you mind if I send you a PM sometime for advice ???

Also , do you assemble custom  reels to order  for customers ???

I do not assemble custom  reels to order  for customers ,but if you need help ,yes mate , you can pm me at any time . 

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtom111 View Post

Main gear is  stainless steel and carbontex washer !!! 

carbontex  !!!;) 

tomtom , 

these are the parts  [ I think ]  I need ....

[ 1 ]  do you know if they can be fitted to  a C3 and Rocket CS  ?

[ 2 ]  any idea of where I can source them ; or their part numbers ??

many thanks ,...   JK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barramundi View Post

tomtom , 

these are the parts  [ I think ]  I need ....

[ 1 ]  do you know if they can be fitted to  a C3 and Rocket CS  ?

[ 2 ]  any idea of where I can source them ; or their part numbers ??

many thanks ,...   JK

I'll ask my friend for you ,UT guy from Sweden is a friend of mine :hi5: