Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RetUSMCcapt

J-e-t-s Jets Jets Jets

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

as a lifelong Jets fan, I have to say that his has already been an amamzing season for Gang Green! I would have gladly accepted 5 wins at the start of the season, but hear we are on the edge of making the playoffs! Amazing! Before the season, I had thought that Mangini's hiring was a great big mistake. Now I will gladly eat a great big portion of crow!

If your not surprised by the Jets and Mangini's success this year, you either are in a coma or just not a football fan. They aren't done for this year yet.

As for next year, they need a stud RB, Houston, Washington, Barlow etc. are all nice players but not the type of backs that you can put the load on in January for playoff wins.

As for Pennington, you gotta love his attitude, work ethic and smarts, again, that might not be enough to win playoff games. Additionaly, this is the first season he has stayed healthy for an entire year, asking that again next year may be wishful thinking. Ther have been some weak armed QB's that have won, but this guys arm is awful, when it was good it was bad, not sure he has the tools to compete in a big game under tough conditions. Not every November, December and January in the NE are as mild weather wise as what we have had.

Its just nice to see a coach on the sidelines that is in control and has a clue in all aspects of the game. Some of us remember Walton, Kotite, and Herm all too well. I know an argumnet can be made for Herm as he did get them to the playoffs a few times, lets not forget he did inherit a AFC Championship squad to do that. Looks like he is taking KC down the same path he took the Jets, another year or two and they'll be 5-11 and ready for a rebuild.

Congrats to the Jets on a great season.

The stadium will be rocking today with a win and you're in mentality...and I hope that is exactly what happens.

What a day weather wise too. It's going to be a great game, ideally a W is posted and it's on to the wildcard with some good momentum going.

JETS!!!

My pain goes back to Walt Michaels. Todd is God to Todd is gone. We've been waiting for a coach like Mangini for a long time. Pennington's arm is certainly not an assett, but he's very well aware of what he can and cannot do. Mid-season I was having doubts, but not many defenses look forward to playing against him. He reads the blitz as well as anybody in the game and will chew teams up with 5 and 7 yard quick passes. The receivers often get a chance to catch and run because of Pennington's propensity for short passes keeps the corners close to the line. And he does go down the field just often enough to keep the safeties honest. The defense is adequate and now look comfortable in the 3 - 4. They're not getting ripped up with the run anymore. Kerry Rhodes should have gone to the Pro Bowl.

An experienced RB and a quality TE in the offseason and they will be real contenders. Listening to 1050 the other day, a caller suggested Deuce McCallister is a free agent after this season. With Reggie Bush coming into his own the Saints may not want to ante up, Deuce would make a nice fit on this Jet team.

I'm Happy for you JETS fans, your going to the playoffs....now the house cleaning begins for my Raiders .....start by nuking the entire offense, coaches and all..........40.gif

Let's get ready to kick some Raider butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team has been amazing this year. They didn't fold or ever give up. I am very proud to be a Jet fan once again. They are solid and look to have a future. Mangini is Coach of the Year.

As much as I hate the Jets I have to say you guys are doing well for yourselves. I wish you well from this point on. I also think it's nice that you have a coach that get's it. He appears to be in control and he has the respect of his players. There are not many NY teams that can say that!

Game on! Oh ya, Go Patriots clapping.gifclapping.gif

Just got in from the game - the place was rocking, my voice is shot.

PLAYOFFS BABY !!!! Who'd have thought ? cwm12.gifcwm12.gif

I said before the season we'd probably go 7 and 9 or at best 8 and 8, 10 and 6 and into the playoffs is a damned nice surprise. I credit Mangini for bringing a new mindset to the team and to the play of Nick Mangold for those 2 extra wins (A lineman will never get a mention but he should be up for rookie of the year honors).

Gami had a great thought when he brought up Deuce McCallister! He'd be a great fit. The Jets pick up a little more size at the guard position and a back like McCallister that can really pound it up the middle and they could be ready for the next step, actually winning a few playoff games.

I think we get to visit Indi next week, that could be interesting as we always play them tough. If I were to gamble it would have to be Indi in a straight win but I just might take the Jets with the points.

I can't believe Denver lost to the 49ers. Good thing I'm not a big gambler, coulda lost my house on that one.

Works out better for the Jets though. They have more of a chance of beating the Pats in their house then going to Indi and winning. The Jets have already gone to New England and won this season, plus Eric Mangini knows Belichick.

It's a longshot but it was a miracle for the Jets to have come this far, so it's all gravy right now.

Pats fans, this will be a close game.

Mangini has them minimizing mistakes and they will play the full 60 minutes no matter what happens.

Not that Belichick is going to let it happen but if the Pats look past the Jets they will lose.

JETS