Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zuma

....Want to Buy- Road/Tour Bicycle....

16 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I am looking for a specific style road/touring/cyclo bike. It needs cantilever brakes and wider clearance for tires .

Last July ,I posted a kayak I had for trade -someone here had a bike to trade that fit my needs- though I lost the info to the guy that had it. I recall he was from Pennsylvania (I think).........

If anyone has a bike that falls into the category of touring/ cyclocross - let me know.

Just to clarify- I am not looking for mountain bike or regular road bike.

Thanks for looking................smile.gif

Sorry, just in the same market. My 1980's Puch is to small for me, and I'd like a touring bike. I may end up building up an old Scott mountan bike frame since I haven't found what I like for a reasonable amount of $$. But I'll let you know if I run into something. Unless Its the Kona, I want that one badbiggrin.gif

That Jake the snake is one nice ride- but at a grand it is out of my league......

We have a winter CX series here in Jersey and I thought it would be a great way to keep fit till the spring......

I don't want to run a mountain bike (though I hear some guys do) but I'd be willing to build on a proper frame if I can get it......

I hear you can take a tour bike and build it into a CX bike fairly easily($)....

thanks for keepin' an eye out , Crash..

FWIW, there's a 60cm Mongoose cx bike with Shimano 105 and, I think, an Alex wheelset on the auction site. It happens to be in NJ....the auction is up tonight. The bike looks pretty cool and I was thinking of it myself, but I'm more looking for a road bike now. Good luck!

FWIW, there's a 60cm Mongoose cx bike with Shimano 105 and, I think, an Alex wheelset on the auction site. It happens to be in NJ....the auction is up tonight. The bike looks pretty cool and I was thinking of it myself, but I'm more looking for a road bike now. Good luck!

watching that auction closely.......7 hours and counting..................first I gotta check on the size though.....

Hey Zuma, I'm pretty sure that Trek was 58cm.

Joe,

If my Trek is a 58, do you think the 60 would fit...........

I read that a CX bike should be sized like a road bike.

Still love the Trek but I think I will move up for the spring- the triathlons were a blast this past year!!!..........going to sell another kayak then to support my(new) bike habitwink.gif .....

I want this CX bike to train/race to keep fit year round.

Joe,

If my Trek is a 58, do you think the 60 would fit...........

I read that a CX bike should be sized like a road bike.

Still love the Trek but I think I will move up for the spring- the triathlons were a blast this past year!!!..........going to sell another kayak then to support my(new) bike habitwink.gif .....

I want this CX bike to train/race to keep fit year round.

Tri's are a ball! Gotta love surfing and calling it swim training! cwm12.gif

What kind of yak are you going to move?

You might go a little smaller, or the smallest size you can get away with on a cyclo cross bike, for lightness when carrying and easier standover height in case you miss on a remount(youch!)

You might go a little smaller, or the smallest size you can get away with on a cyclo cross bike, for lightness when carrying and easier standover height in case you miss on a remount(youch!)

Very valid point! Thanks...................

Remounts look like a ballbuster if ya miss (snicker- snicker)......

That'll change the way I search for my next ride...........

I had a Centirion Dave Scott Triathelon bike we were PMing about.

That right, we did talk last summer!

Looking more for a tour style bike (just to get the tire clearance/canti brakes)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0