Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beachwalker

Men here who clean the house

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Im trying to clean the stove top. Got the rings out soakin, but that circle of crap thats left aint coming off with soapy water, what do I use. I do have my hammer and chisel ready. Thanks

cwm12.gif Im serious lol,,, Do they sell stove top ring remover, lol... I guess I will look under the sink, dont even know whats under there and my roommate is gone until middle of January, she usually does this stuff, but not well as I am seeing.

Sprink, although not as powerful as oven cleaner, you oughtta have Softscrub with bleach. That's what my wife always tells me to use for the jobs I'd rather not do. biggrin.gif

The ghetto version of SoftScrub is toothpaste.

If you leave a wet sponge on the stuff to loosen it up, and toothpaste on the same sponge doesn't finish the job, go to oven cleaner. More manly options for soaking are Coca Cola or Coleman white gas. Gas is NOT recommended around a stove.....lol

There is a secret mix that I always thought would be cool to have. In the Holland tunnel, they were actually going to replace all the tiles because they had gotten so encrusted that nothing could clean them. Then someone figured out a formulation that could be sprayed on them, so the could be wiped clean, that wouldn't kill everyone driving through the tunnel. Cool eh?

If you have a green nylon scrubbie, that beats a sponge. They also come in really handy for peeling carrots without stripping too much of the carrot. Just call me Martha.

Merry Christmas Sprink!!

Oven cleaner, Cleanser, even very fine rubbing compound.

Is the top stainless or enameled?

For stainless, Bartenders Friend? Barkeeps Friend?

It's like Soft Scrub, but specifically for stainless and copper.

Toothpaste is the bomb, it works Great, thanks.

i use easy-off. tooth paste works as good? no way headscratch.gif you place that in your mouth cwm31.gif

oh. and if your a beginner realize the top lifts up. icon24.gifcwm12.gif