Worcester Surfcasters Club

Rate this topic

What ever happened to them? Are they still in existence? I've read about them in books but thats it. Not much if any info online either.

Does anyone know any history on them. I'd like to know alittle more about them. And are there any clubs that meet in the Worcester area?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

TFP

A few of the members come into my liquor store on a regular basis. After reading the article in last years On The Water about needing younger members who actually fish I wanted to join. I asked one of the members who has been in the club for over 40 years what one would need and he said there is a 25 yr waiting list. I am not sure if this is for a campsite or not. But the sites get handed down in the families that own them so they are very rarely up for grabs. The club has a lot of history on the banks of the canal and beyond.

Stuck in a Seam.

After reading the article in last years On The Water about needing younger members who actually fish I wanted to join.

Thats to bad that the list is so long. I don't think I could wait 25 years to join. But if they would open it up I would join. It sounds like there is alot of knowledge to be had from the long time members.

It's to bad they couldn't open memberships to non camping fishermen. Maybe someday they will. I would be interested since I am from Worcester.

If theres anyone else that's willing to share what they know about this secret club and the reason for all of the exclusivity I would more than appreciate it.

Thanks guys

Happy Holiday's

you will need to know more than the secret handshakebiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Both sportsmans clubs located at the west end of the canal have a long waiting list for new members as in one case they are limited by a set number and the only way to get in is for some one to pass away.

This will test your resolve and patients

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal