Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John E

Ditch Jigger, Get Well Soon!!!

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Mike,

Although it will take a few days for you to read this, I hope this note will find you prepping your gear for the your next trip to the beach.

Get Well Soon.

John E

Thanks for the heads-up Tim. I, too was shocked when I read the front page just now and learned of Mike's situation. I'm pulling for him, of course, But I'm not even a little bit worried about him, you know he's way to ornery to let it get him down for long wink.gif

When you talk to him again, you tell him that his Texas "podnuh" is thinking of him and hoping that all goes well for a speedy recovery.

The new laproscopic proceedure they have now for getting a pesky gall bladder out greatly minimizes the discomfort and recovery time so he ought to be back at it in no time...W.J.

Yea, get better Mike, yer missin' 4 tides a day all layed up and flat on yer back! wink.gif

WJ, will do, I'll let him know you're thinkin' of him. It's likely the next time I'll be in touch with him will be when he's home...today's surgery, tomorrow (fingers crossed) he comes home, I'd hate to bother him with a phone call while he's in surgery! eek.gif

TimS

Good luck Mike! I had mine yanked via laproscopy back in '94. If they do it right you will be up and around the next day but your ribcage, abdominals, and obliques will be sore for a while.

Mike Y

I am praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery Mike. Also that the Lord may give you and your family peace of mind throughout the procedure.

Hugh

Mike, lousy timing there buddy - should've had this happen in February. Get well soon !

I'm not letting any of these NJ guys come up here until you're back on your Korkers.

BTW, What's black and white and looks good on a lawyer ? A pitbull.

Mike,

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

It will probably require of you a prolonged rehab period at the Canal. Nothing like swinging those 10' Canal sticks to get you back in shape.

See you near the Sagamore Bridge, soon.

Can you save it after the operation? Maybe use if for chum???

Seriously Mike, I sincerly hope you're feeling well very soon. Be sure to spend a little Quality Time with the important ones when you get out and get better. There will always be bass out waiting for you when you are ready. Thoughts and prayers....

John