Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtieFluke429

who works outt? question on a creatine

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

hey,

i know this has nothin to do with fishing lol.. but you guys seem to know alot bout everything..

ive been takin protein shakes and just bought creatine.. should i mix the creatine with water lik it says? it doesnt mix well it mixes and sits on the bottom? can u add anythin to creatine ? how

do you guys take it and any1 have any real good experiences or feedback on it?

intested to hear responses..

what joe said. the stuff is great in my opinion but you deff have to work out of its not for you. and adding it to your shake is most likely the best idea. that way you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I used to work in a health store and I've tried just about every supplement ever created along with working out with heavy weights. Most of everything did nothing. About the only thing that had an effect was caffeine/ephedrine combos, which you can't get any more for the most part. The effect of creatine was shown in some small studies but not in others, so its still controversial. There may be a minute effect from it but whether this tiny effect vs the price is subjective. smile.gif

Otter told me to eat right, take my vitamins and say my prayers and one day I'll be just like him! wink.gif

Save your money. Eat right, work out hard. icon14.gif

Save your money. Walk out to the tip of Sandy Hook in bootfoot neoprene waders with all of your gear, fish for 4 or five hours then walk back with a 20 pound bass 4 times a week. That'll do yah just fine. smile.gif

Take it with grape juice and drink plenty of water every day. You have to load the first week with like 20grams, then after the first week 10 grams a day. It woked for me, and after I quit taking it, I did not loose any strength, just a little size from the water weight.

when I want to gain weight this is what I do. eat tons of steak, chicken, fish etc. Put as much weight as possible on the bar and go to work. Remember to do squats and leg work. I believe that squats and other power exercises = mass. Also, your age has alot to do with it. I do not get the same gains at 33 as I did ten years ago. I also think genetics play a role.

I'm using a protein supp called Isopure right now - no carbs - 200 cal & 50g of protein. Best taken right after the workout or within 1/2 hour. I just mix w/ water but you can use milk as well. Not cheap but I've been using for about 6-7 months and have seen good results. Also - its whey protein.

I'm with purple noon and oakey. I tried it once or twice and didn't really notice a difference. I think if you drink a lot of stuff with caffeine, or any other diuretic it kind of negates the effect of the creatine. With all the supplements out there you have to have a degree in chemistry to come up with the right mixture.

Eat right, five or six smaller meals a day, nutrition is a big part of the game. Stick with big compound movements if you're looking to gain, squats, deadlifts, pulldowns and chins, barbell rowing, dips, standing overhead press. The olympic moves are great, but there's a learning curve and you don't see many people doing them. If you bench stick to a powerlifting type bench as opposed to bodybuilding style, easier on the shoulders, or use dumbbells.

I take a protein shake a day in between meals or when I finish a workout. I carry a couple of scoopfuls with me when I go to work in case there's no place decent to eat. I should probably take a multi vitamin but I don't, Just a few tablespoons of brewers yeast. I just try to stay away from the garbage. Frankly speaking, over the years I have never really noticed a difference with any of the supplements. Sometimes they're just convenient.