Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tobias

NRS Workboot & Stormboot

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Looking for reviews of the NRS Workboot and Stormboot. I was looking to use either the Workboot or Stormboot for wading boots instead of your typical wading boots. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I love my workboots for fishing in the suit at "M". But...they are a S.O.B. to get on and even harder to get off sometimes which really sucks in the dark. They'll do the job but I think I'll be using something else for next year, hopefully something easier to get on. I've wanted to make some spiked wetshoes out of some hard-soled wetsuit boots for a while anyway.

-s

I think the NRS boots would be too hard to get on and off when compared to regular wading boots. I have a pair that I use for wetsuitting, and even though they are probably one of the best investments I've made, they sometimes feel like they're stuck to the bottom of my feet. Also, in order to fit the foot of the wader into the boot, you might have to bump up a couple of sizes.

I use the NRS ATB wetshoe with my stocking foot waders and they are plenty sturdy enough while still being light. The only problem is the zipper jamming with sand, but any wading shoe with zippers has that issue. Next go around I may just try the slip on shoes they sell without the zippers.