Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackie

Yet another UFC Fight Night on now

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Hopefully the wife will fall asleep in the next few minutes and I can switch off of the animal planet channel - she is so into watching the animal rescue cops in TX bust people for animal abuse......AAaaaagggggghhhhhh.

Well - editing the post, as I just turned the channel and it is wrestling. Went back to your post Blackie and realized it was from earlier in the night. Will look for rebroadcasts.

I used to be a big boxing fan, but after seeing ufc bouts boxing bores me. Longer rounds, more variety of fighting styles, fight til a knockout or submission- much better. Plus the ring chick Rachelle is fine.

Tito won a decision in the fight they showed last night. I would have called it a draw and made em go a sudden death round. I was expecting him to take down Forrest and knock him out, but his take down attempts were failing repeatedly. He also looked tired and discouraged, which surprised me.

Who you got? I take the Iceman. I think Tito is a good fighter, but Chuck is going to be too much for him to handlebeatin.gif . What do y'all think?

Tight Lines and Merry Christmas,

DonW

tito/griffin last night was a replay from 2-3 years ago. tito beat him silly in the first round. clearly his fight

sanchez isnt as good as he looked the other night against riggs. but i think thats also the 1st time riggs has been ko'd as my smelly friend pointed out. sanchez/hughes sounds interesting

tito got iced last time. claims eye poke and that mccarthy stopped it too soon. which may be the case, but he aint getting inside on chucky and will eat some heavy blows. i think tito gets gassed after the 1st round anymore. he's all done imo

I don't know, Tito's signature "ground and pound" game works against a LOT of folks - not so sure it'll work against Chuck though. I think Chuck likes to get in and get dirty. Having said that - its going to be a great fight.

tito got to his legs once or twice in their first fight and couldnt budge him. chucky has great takedown defense for a big guy with a high center and his power is at the end of his range which is bad news for the stumpy armed ortiz. anything can happen though. if it goes to the ground in the first round tito's suddenly looking good

in tito / griffin, tito said he tore his acl in the first round, and thats why his takedowns were ineffective for the rest of the fight. He wasn't moving nearly as well on his feet in the second and third rounds, so it looks like that was possible and not just an excuse. tito / griffin was also from early this year. mina. HappyWave.gif Generally, tito doesn't gas. I don't remember tito ever saying the first fight w/ chuck was stopped prematurely. I have heard him say that he was poked, couldn't see and got hit alot and couldn't defend himself and BJM stopped it.

chuck / tito 2 is very interesting and even harder to predict imo. I think tito will have the cardio to go 5 rounds, I don't think chuck will. goes beyond 3 rounds, tito wins. Ends before 3 rounds, 50/50 w/ an edge to chuck. I am a bit more excited to see chuck / rampage 2 now that the ufc acquired some of the wfa contracts.