License plate mounted bumper rod rack

Darth Baiter

View PostThese:

RLGRER98-th.jpg

The answer is in one of the earlier posts and starts with the word "The"

or go and buy some Fernco plumbing adapters from Homies or some radiator hose from any auto supply house. Both the last 2 suggestions need to be notched for the reel stem.

icon14.gif

- Life is a waiting room, I hope they don't call me soon...... 

- Thomas Jefferson - "The course of history shows that as government grows, liberty decreases"

Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind that moves it. It flies with the breath of every fallen solider who protected it.

Very easy to make if you have the tools & know how. Made mine from diamond plate and as mentioned use nut & bolt on front mount. Also to keep from corroding and making noise from vibration. insert a rubber or plastic washer in between the plate and fendor.

Have Fish? Will Travel!

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after.".... Henry David Thoreau

View Posthere is my custom made by Jerry at Lakeside W. NJ($90 including shipping), I copy the idea from JBT114 when he was suggesting a jeep wrangler rack to a different member here in a different threat, thanks!

Attachment 228859

Attachment 228860

I like this idea and if i was closer to the beach i would be all over it. I beleive you were talking about my thread a little while back and i am glad you were able to benefit from the topic. I have been able to benefit from it as well and will show pics of the final product once it is done.

Looks good,

KJS

View Posthere is my custom made by Jerry at Lakeside W. NJ($90 including shipping), I copy the idea from JBT114 when he was suggesting a jeep wrangler rack to a different member here in a different threat, thanks!

Attachment 228859

Attachment 228860

That looks great. Pretty cool to see my idea in action. biggrin.gif

Any concern with vision thru the windshield? I'm curious about the legalities of the rack.

Chris

I'm on a bridge to a better day...

View PostI like this idea and if i was closer to the beach i would be all over it. I beleive you were talking about my thread a little while back and i am glad you were able to benefit from the topic. I have been able to benefit from it as well and will show pics of the final product once it is done.

Looks good,

KJS

That's correct KJS that was your thread, I like the idea and with me there is no problem I'm only 10 minutes away from South Shore and north shore, but I'm thinking the long trips now, the rack holds the rods good but I a little concern about Law enforcement giving tickets...headscratch.gif

View PostThat looks great. Pretty cool to see my idea in action. biggrin.gif

Any concern with vision thru the windshield? I'm curious about the legalities of the rack.

Chris

Hi JBT, no problem with visibility, I'm a little concern about getting tickets, there are areas where law enforcement like to give hard time to fisherman (Fire Island area).

well for my fishing trips near home I don't think its a problem but for long trips I will be taking the 2 pc rods or drive wife's truckbiggrin.gif

thanks for your help!

View PostMade this one years ago and still fine.

U-channel, PVC, u-bolts and the tops I ordered.

Maybe $40...

Chris

Where'd you get the tops?

~ LIBBA 1194
"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon." ~"Brain Damage," Dark Side of the Moon, 1973, Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

Made this one years ago and still fine.

U-channel, PVC, u-bolts and the tops I ordered.

Maybe $40...

Chris

Attached Images

JBT114:

Chris,

I'm in the process of making one right now and have a question about how you painted the PVC and what paint did you use? Did you just use auto primer? Could you explain how and what you painted the PVC with?

Thanks, John