vega duplicator

Rate this topic

black label

I've bought several machines from tool-plus. However, I found out the hard way that getting it direct from Vega is best. Vega will be able to supply you with the duplicator AND and necessary adapters for your particular lathe.

I got 36 Pro through Amazon and had to fabricate my own adapters. I later found out that the price direct from Vega was the same as Amazon and they would have provided the adapters as well.

Lesson learned.

Bob Kummer and John Rowland at Tools-Plus are great guys to deal with. VERY helpful if you do go that route.

black label-

i would say go with tools plus if you are getting the 10" for the jet mini, because that is what i have and everything that was needed came with the duplicator, not to mention i searched around for the best price and that was from tools-plus. that is all i can say because that is the route that i went. otherwise i would go with what JayR said because i know that he has a boat load of tools and probably a lot more experience than i do.

I've got a few tools. Fishdoc's seen it, ask him. It's not really all that impressive, just a woodworking shop.

I'm working on a purchase of a basement machine shop at the moment. Opportunity kinda just dropped in my lap. I hope to see it in the next few days. Older gentleman died and his widow is selling the house. The machines need to be removed soon. My wife is the agent selling the house and all she can tell me is that the basement is full of all sorts of stuff she's not familiar with. It's got me day dreaming tongue.gif

Back to the original topic.... What kind of lathe is it for? You might not even need an adapter. I still would check direct with Vega. Make sure you get the best price.

NOT IMPRESSIVE!!! You've got to be shyting me!!! I lost count of the POWER tools on just one side of the heated AND AIR CONDITIONED shop in which every machine is hooked up to a JayR built evac. system. Also a TV AND STERIO SYSTEM (might even be surround sound)...YA, THIS PLACE IS TO DIE FOR!!! HUMMMM, sounds like a neat place for a builders conference????cwm27.gifcwm27.gif Sorry Jay!!!

Oh ya, I forgot to mention that the HOT TUB (and lounge area) IS DOWN STAIRS!!! Now I'M REALLY SORRY Jay!!biggrin.gif And get this...his wife is as good with the tools as he is...NOW I'M REALLY REALLY SORRY Jay!lg_smile.gif

NOT IMPRESSIVE!!! You've got to be shyting me!!! I lost count of the POWER tools on just one side of the heated AND AIR CONDITIONED shop in which every machine is hooked up to a JayR built evac. system. Also a TV AND STERIO SYSTEM (might even be surround sound)...YA, THIS PLACE IS TO DIE FOR!!! HUMMMM, sounds like a neat place for a builders conference????cwm27.gifcwm27.gif Sorry Jay!!!

Oh ya, I forgot to mention that the HOT TUB (and lounge area) IS DOWN STAIRS!!! Now I'M REALLY SORRY Jay!!biggrin.gif And get this...his wife is as good with the tools as he is...NOW I'M REALLY REALLY SORRY Jay!lg_smile.gif

I'll be in the area this Month, is there guided tours? biggrin.gif

Thanks Dick, ya had to go and "out me" huh? Now everyone's gonna expect me to produce something..... beatin.gif

You gotta stop by and check out the new lathes. Picked up 4 of them the other day. Pretty cool old beasts... Can't move them they are so heavy.

Got to dig out the electric winch so I can get one off the floor and onto a bench for a refurb.

The 3 phase motor may be a problem with my initial plan of using a VFD to power them. They are 8 pole motors with a 4 position drum switch. I might have to get a rotary phase inverter instead.

In any case, It should be a learning process.

BTW... I thought everyone had a heated and AC'ed shop tongue.gif

And thanks for not mentioning the second floor deck overlooking the pond teehee.gifrofl02.gif