Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chigger

Arra 1322 for my height?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I am 5' 10" and of medium build. Am I asking for trouble if I have this rod made for me. Are there any guys out there of my height and build comfortably casting this rod?

I have the 1203 in conventional and love it.

Thanks

You'll be fine. Plenty of guys shorter than you cast the 1322 with no problem. Joe G from the Mass forum is about 5'8" and thin, and he casts the 1322 factory spinner very well. Have the reel seat placed where it's comfortable for you, and sit back and let the rod do the rest. It's one of the easiest 11 footers to cast out there. Don't try to muscle the cast. The more fluid you are, the farther you'll throw wink.gif

was thinking about the same thing recently, whether a fisherman's height and weight should make a difference in choosing a rod..after all alot of other "sports" gear is suited to the users height and weight. I'm 6 foot and pretty lightweight, about 170. I checked out a factory 2 piece 1322 in the store just to see what it would feel like and it was like carrying a pole vault around in the store..almost took out the lights. I couldn't imagine whipping a three ounce lure out there with it, but I'll probably go for it eventually. Definitely would take alot to get used to out there over my go to 9 footer surf & jetty.

im 5'6" and have no problems except on a steep beach(backcast) the rod casts like a dream and is very versatile it can do almost anything you ask from it (1oz bucks-4ozpencils) absolute killer blank you will love it lite as a feather and plenty of power

was thinking about the same thing recently, whether a fisherman's height and weight should make a difference in choosing a rod..after all alot of other "sports" gear is suited to the users height and weight. I'm 6 foot and pretty lightweight, about 170. I checked out a factory 2 piece 1322 in the store just to see what it would feel like and it was like carrying a pole vault around in the store..almost took out the lights. I couldn't imagine whipping a three ounce lure out there with it, but I'll probably go for it eventually. Definitely would take alot to get used to out there over my go to 9 footer surf & jetty.

The one piece is twice the rod the 2 pc is..

Even though thats backwards.

Being 230 lbs. and 6 foot and 56 years old and in reasonable shape, I would not think of casting a rod over 10 ft.. If you think you need more length, biggrin.gif ,sorry had to do that, just leave more line hanging from tip to the plug and learn a different style of casting. Your back will thank you as you get older. Remember it is not the length that counts, it's the motion of the ---------------- I forgot, oh , time to take my pills.

I'm 235 pounds at 6'3." I am 60 years old and also a spinal cord injury survivor. I have a custom one piece XSRA 1322 and I can throw plugs out of sight with it wink.gif It's an awesome rod.

Love mine. I built a 1321-2 and really liked it, but needed to throw a little more weight. I got a 1322-2 to try out and ended up liking it more than the 1321-2 so its my go to rod now.

I am 5'6" and about 180lbs and have no problem tossing it.

You won't be sorry.