Top 3 bass guitar players of all time...

Rate this topic

Kneel

3 pages and you all missed the best.....

GEEZER!!!!!!!

Noel Redding...Fire...say no more

Entwhistle...The Real Me ...kicks Arse..

Honarble Mention...Rick Danko

Stanley Clarke...

Living on the right side of the bell curve for over half a century...

Life to the feeling man is a tragedy while life to the thinking man is a comedy.

Whoops...spun through some old vinyl and when I came across Peter Tosh sitting in the big field of green on Legailze It it reminded me of another great...

The Family Man

Aston "Family Man" Barrett

Living on the right side of the bell curve for over half a century...

Life to the feeling man is a tragedy while life to the thinking man is a comedy.

WOW...there were a lot of guys I forgot about cwm15.gif Flea, Bootsie, Geezer, Stanley Clarke... Geddy Lee appeared a few times, but I never considered him a great. I always thought he(and Lifeson) was carried by the monster that is Neil Peart And I'm a Rush fan...

And what about Rudy Sarzo! Ozzy, Dio, Quiet Riot...Rudy cannot be denied cwm27.gif

Bass players...the unsung heros of the rock band, second only to the keyboardist. cwm27.gif

For my vote, and I'm only going to cast one, I've got to go with Les Claypool, cause anyone who put some bop into this close to 40 overweight musically challenged individual deserves mad props. icon14.gif Primus...they just crazy. smile.gif

Oh, and what's wrong with Gary Tallent, of E Street Fame. No love, huh? headscratch.gif

#otterlivesmatter

3 pages and you all missed the best.....

GEEZER!!!!!!!

Actually, several of us mentioned Geezer wink.gif

Sheehan is definitely good. Problem there is that the songs his bands did (Talus, Mr Big) left a lot to be desired. Saw Mr Big open for Rush and it was play a song, guitar solo, play a song, bass solo, play a song, another bass solo.... The 4 and 6 string masterbation got old. Definitely some good chops, but how about making it all fit in with the songs.

Jigman