Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JPL

I hear voices...I mean, I see e-mails

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Life is stranger than fiction. The horrendous plight of Patrick is achingly (like hemmorhoids) familiar and he speaks to us in exile (note to self: remove my e-mail address from SOL!!):

Tim, John D, and JPL:

I'm pretty fed up now. The Conger "Patricks", hey, I can live with

that. That's nothing to me. Now this whole Plunker thing, now I have a

problem with it. <snip>

JPL - nuttin' personal, but there ain't anything good can come of posting that entire email from Patrick here. Just know that you are a bad manwink.gif The best way to handle it is ignore it - there's nothing you can do that will make sense to some folks. I stopped trying a while backsmile.gif Now if you wanna ask him if you can post his email, that's cool...but in general, I prefer to respect email as a sacred personal communicationwink.gif If I could think of some possible good to come of leaving this email here, I woulda...but it escapes meicon25.gifsmile.gif

TimS

The guy is a curious mug. John and Tim are two of the nicest people I have ever met. If Patrick would have addressed me and not them I would have felt better, that is, because I'm narly, wicked and left leaning.

Man, what does Mindi see in this guy?

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 03-05-2002).]

Lets not go down this ugly, winding road - puhleeze? cwm31.gifcwm31.gif Yes, the email was kinda ridiculous...but in fairness, if someone cannot defend themselves here, lets keep the mentioning of them down to just necessitywink.gif It's only fair...well...civil anywayicon25.gif

HappyWave.gifHi PatrickHappyWave.gif

TimS

Et al,

So let me get this straight. Kid comes on the board and the general consenses is that he makes an a-hole of himself and then gets kicked off. This is not the only board where this has happened. He has a reputation. It follows him. Now, since he's not allowed on the board, when people start either bringing his past up or using a reference to him for activities or even other posters he is unable to defend himself, and this is fun?

Look, I am not a "Patrick" apologist, I have seen his posts on at least 5 boards. A lot of the debris he brought down on himself BUT this is inexcusable. People are baiting him and that's not right. Some of the stuff he presented was viable. Frankly I'm tired of it. The baiting that is. Who among you, at 18 or 19 did not think you were the cock-of-the-walk. The only difference between then and now is that the internet didn't exist then. You struted your stuff at the local hangout and thought you were da stones. Well, this (and other sites) are the new hangout so get over it.

Think about this: I call your bluff, what are you gonna do about it? Nuthin', you've been excommunicated!

PaulH

Who among you, at 18 or 19 did not think you were the cock-of-the-walk. The only difference between then and now is that the internet didn't exist then. You struted your stuff at the local hangout and thought you were da stones.

Is that what goes on in New Hampshire? rolleyes.gif

And I thought all there was to do was go cow-tipping. cwm12.gif

Striper, for what it's worth, this is a road well travelled. He's old enough to learn from his mistakes but never seems to. Personally I don't take pot shots at him but he made such a rep for himself on this and many other boards that he's practically a legend. rolleyes.gif I think he loves having the board talk about him. I have a feeling he gets off on being the subject of controversy now and again. I wouldn't mind if Tim gave him another shot as long as guys didn't make it open season on him. However, I have the feeling he would bring it on all by humself. (How long now till I get an e-mail) smile.gif

------------------

yueng.gifneeds_a_shave.gif

Plonker,

I wouldn't know. I'm orginally from northeast NJ and moved to NE in '79 after 6 years in the army and a year in Saudi Arabia. But this much I DO know. You sir, are an agitator, a troller, an agent-provenvuer (sp). A pseudo poster. You survive on the misfortune of others and relish it. trash removed

Hatman, My point exactly, why perpetuate the folly? But think of this; here he is given no chance to defend himself. Regardless of how you or me (or others) may think of him, he has absolutely no forum for defense on this site. That smacks of totalitarizm (sp). I said right off the bat that I'm not an apologist for him and that I've seen his results, but by initiating threads conserning his alleged antics and not giving him is due is just as bad.

On another note, my lunch with my daughter went fairly well. We at least had a conversation.

Paul, regardless of your opinion, which you are entitled to, I won't allow your anger to be vented here. You want to discuss something, discuss it. You want to point fingers at people and call them names and make references to masturbation and circle jerks - then please consider who is acting childish now? Who is the antagonist now? Please leave out the name calling and the sexual references - if you have something worth saying, it can be said without that stuff. If you don't follow where I'm coming from, please read the User Agreement - this place isn't about how loud you can bash someone else or how many different ways you can tell a guy he's plays with himself. Thanks.

TimS

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 03-06-2002).]

Plonker,

On another note, my lunch with my daughter went fairly well. We at least had a conversation.

Outstanding! I hope it leads to better things. Good luck.

------------------

yueng.gifneeds_a_shave.gif

Plonker,

I wouldn't know. I'm orginally from northeast NJ and moved to NE in '79 after 6 years in the army and a year in Saudi Arabia. But this much I DO know. You sir, are an agitator, a troller, an agent-provenvuer (sp). A pseudo poster. You survive on the misfortune of others and relish it. garbage removed

Is that any way to welcome a new member?

A bit uptight aren't we? I used to live in NH. It was just a joke. Relax! As far as Patrick goes, I never met the guy and never used his name in my posts except for saying I was not him. Other people dragged his name into this, not me. I actually enjoy reading his posts on other sites. He's quite entertaining.

But you on the other hand are quite funny.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 03-06-2002).]

OK, hold it, stop, freeze, cease and decist - time out, flag on the play and whatever else you can think of icon25.gif

Everybody ease up.

striper53, please see the note I put in your post after I edited out the parts that were in serious violation of the User Agreement(link available at the upper right of these pages) I dunno what yer used to, but this is a respectable joint, peace lovin' peoples - you got something to say, some opinion to share - go for itsmile.gif But don't mix it with name calling and cute ways to say someone plays with themselves. That's one strike...which is a full count herewink.gif For the record, I said the same thing as you did...only I did it without being disrespectful to anyone, without calling anyone names or without making sexual references. I still get to make the rules here and I said Patrick if off limits - there's no need for you to yell and scream and call people names to make the same point. Thankssmile.gif

Now I've always asked that people not antagonize anyone who cannot post here - from day 1. I do what I can to make sure it doesn't happen. But what I won't do is get crazy over people mentioning the name of someone who knowingly forfeited the right to post here. I didn't just wake up one day and throw Patrick off this site - he earned it. Hell, he begged for it, I gave him a ton of chances, he didn't want to play by the rules. If I notice someone antagonizing Patrick I ask them to stop. I'm not going to play gestapo because his name gets mentioned - he was the one who didn't want to follow the rules, he chose to be thrown out...his emails won't change that.

There's no stopping it - Patrick's name will be mentioned on lots of boards - he's made sure of that with his antics and refusal to abide by not just our rules, but the rules of at least 4 other sites. I didn't make Patrick "famous", he did. I'll again ask that no one antagonize Patrick, please. Thankssmile.gif

TimS

Two comments:

1. It's too bad I came on board post all this Patrick stuff - must have been fun to watch from the sidelines.cwm13.gif

2. I'm D@#m glad I don't have to be Tim!

"And that's all I have to say about that" ..Forrest Gump

------------------

"Any time a man ain't fishin' he's fritterin' away his life." - Rancid Crabtree