Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TatonkaJames

The Martha's Vineyard Trip I Missed

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I almost didn't recognize it either redface.gif And what are those fish?!?! icon25.gif Shiny with stripes...but not quite right...are they daytime stripers? cwm13.gif

wink.gif

TimS

At least you found a new home for your old door redface.gif ....

Hope you get there next time smile.gif .

Besides, I think there is a little trickery going on there.... seems like the same fish in all three pics....you sure your buddies weren't pullin' a fast one on you??? The old "bum a fish off a guy who caught it, then photograph it in lots of different backgrounds to make it look like we hammered 'em" trick cwm13.gifcwm13.gifwink.gif ?

The door WILL work, once I find the time to install it redface.gif ! I have sanded and primed it, just need to put on a finish coat and hang it. Catch 'em up this weekend icon14.gif ! I like your modest goals smile.gif !

(And I've been there in the daytime. Tim hasn't tho ; )

Unless you count being there when daylight comes to ruin my night cwm13.gif Hmmmmfff cwm13.gif

Ditch, remember the morning you, Dubs and I were headin' back and saw that pack of LARGE bass rollin' a foot off the beach and 10ft from the truck eek.gif Even after one of them 18 hour benders, I think I still managed to get outta the truck and get my fly rod down before it stopped rolling redface.gif

TimS

Yeah...rub it in! 15 years straight of going out to MV during Derby time and this year I hadda pass and spend the time surfing around here instead and I gotta look at guys catchin' footballs!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!! mad.gif

Tim---I think we were about 120 yards due north of that spot when day came wink.gif

Yeah, I remember those fish rolling in nuts--I also remember they wouldn't look at anything but a slab fly mad.gif

Remember how many trucks we passed coming onto the beach as we were driving off, even after we played with those bass on nuts? And how they were all complaining about how lousy the fishing was all week when we could hardly lift out arms every morning? And how those locals at the weigh-in drove themselves crazy trying to figure out where we were fishing after we were there every morning to weigh Dubs' fish in ? wink.gif

Remember how many trucks we passed coming onto the beach as we were driving off, even after we played with those bass on nuts? And how they were all complaining about how lousy the fishing was all week when we could hardly lift out arms every morning? And how those locals at the weigh-in drove themselves crazy trying to figure out where we were fishing after we were there every morning to weigh Dubs' fish in ? wink.gif

I think it was the NJ and NY plates that really had 'em clinching icon25.gifwink.gif

Those were some good times smile.gif I'm such a fan of the wrong tide, the wrong stuff and fish that nobody ever explained all that to wink.gif

TimS