Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Do U Snafu??

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2007 at 8:29 PM, mickrazz said:

This was a great thread to bring up. I really enjoyed it, especially since meeting most of the guys that posted.

2007 Pre-Grumpy Mick :wee:

Posted (edited) · Report post

My most recent version of the snafu is just use two snelled hooks on separate leaders. I tie a long loop at the end of my leader -- at least 12 inches. Sinker goes there. Then I take the loops at the ends of the two snelled hooks and pass both hooks through both loops while going around the long sinker loop. Adjust to where I want it over the sinker and tighten to the sinker loop. Tie two overhand knots to lock that in place.  Done.

Edited by Mike

On 11/8/2018 at 11:01 PM, Mike said:

My most recent version of the snafu is just use two snelled hooks on separate leaders. I tie a long loop at the end of my leader -- at least 12 inches. Sinker goes there. Then I take the loops at the ends of the two snelled hooks and pass both hooks through both loops while going around the long sinker loop. Adjust to where I want it over the sinker and tighten to the sinker loop. Tie two overhand knots to lock that in place.  Done.

Why not just use a grappling hook?

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, pakalolo said:

pictures pls

Going to have to wait until I get out on a boat and tie one up. I just figured this out on my last trip. I got tired of snelling to each end of a leader and trying to tie a dropper in the middle. For me it's easier to snell hooks on leaders with loops on the end of the leader. Then I just sort them by pairs of about the same length.

Edited by Mike