Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Do U Snafu??

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

Chicken-fockerscwm13.gif

No, only red or green hooks tied on fluro work for breakfast.

If you add a few glow-sticks it might work for a midnight snackcwm12.gif

Bloddy Hell! I just bought a hundred gammy 4/0s in nickel. Now I have to get them in red too?? cwm13.gif

4/0s are only good for another 2, 3weeks top. Then onto 5/0s...

BTW, was using Owner 3/0 SSws this past trip...and a #2 porgy hook(gold baitholder) to catch some toggies.

The Nickel ones stink, you cannot leave them hanging overnight or they will rust be 4Am.

Snafu is best tied with 50# Flouro with the dropper perfectly in teh middle and 12" to each hook. THat's my favroite rig.

I've got lots of 5/0's, like 600, hopefully they last. I'm all out of 4/0s, believe it or not.

The Nickel ones stink, you cannot leave them hanging overnight or they will rust be 4Am.

That's OK with me. I rarely use them for more than an hour or so before putting on a new one and NEVER reuse them from one trip to another.

That's just silly. You waste time re-rigging because the hooks aren't new & shiny, lol. I love re-using rigs from one day to teh next, my friend went 5 days using the same rig out at 17, he had 10 fish over 10#'s up to 13 (6 in one day), so I'm not sure why you'd be re-rigging every hour. lol again.

What stinks is when your hung rigs mysteriously disappear.

Snafus are for hacks. A swing and a prayer. One step above using asians on small owners and swinging all day. Catch fish on one hook and a whole blue or soup crab and you are a fisherman.

Snafus are for hacks. A swing and a prayer. One step above using asians on small owners and swinging all day. Catch fish on one hook and a whole blue or soup crab and you are a fisherman.

What do you think of the claw?

I already called that a hack rig a few years ago. The inventor hasn't seemed to mind..*L*. I've fished the snafu a few times. It works but a lot of fish are chinned or hooked on the outside of the head.

I'm not sure why you'd be re-rigging every hour. lol again.

It must be some kind of OCD thing. I think that punching through crabs and banging on rocks dulls the points quickly so I change them often.

What stinks is when your hung rigs mysteriously disappear.

Roger that.... cwm13.gif

I've fished the snafu a few times. It works but a lot of fish are chinned or hooked on the outside of the head.

Well, that just means the person using the rig doesnt' know when to swing.