Do U Snafu??

Rate this topic

Mike

Can someone tell me straight up what a Snafu rig is? Maybe post a couple of pictures? Pretty please?? GT??

I've always fished one hook but I thought I'd tie some snafu's and give them a try.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

GT is on punishment for posting the directions & the secret photographs. The Snafu is a terrible rig which hangs up very often, is very difficult & time consuming to tie, and that heavy leader scares the fish away.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

Where do you put the sinker with that rig? And are both hooks for 1 crab?

The sinker goes on a loop at the bottom end of your leader. About 2 inches above your sinker you tie a small dropper loop in your leader and attach that to the dropper loop on the rig in the picture.

Yes both hooks for one crab. You want to make sure the crab lays flat and upright when it's hooked.

Wishin' I was Fishin'

GT is on punishment for posting the directions & the secret photographs. The Snafu is a terrible rig which hangs up very often, is very difficult & time consuming to tie, and that heavy leader scares the fish away.

I wake up this morning and my rods are GONE!!! C'mon, give em back!!! Please????

Snafu Asians? Easy, just hook yourself Triet tongue.gifwink.gif

The rig sucks and only hangs up more frequently, plus it's for hacks only.

Team Goats

And it's not like your blackfish rock, errrr jig...

I did hear of JPL over the summer -- we tried to get him out for fluke fishing but he didn't make it.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."