Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
staktup

11 foot Lami question

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I was lookling for a 10 foot Lami but found a used 11 footer, surf & jetty rated 2-5 oz. for a great deal. I was looking for something with a little more backbone than my former 10' surf rod.

However, I am only 5'7" 165 lbs., but strong and in good shape. I enjoy water sports, baseball, and horseback riding... sorry, I digress.

I just hope I can use it for most of my open beach plugging, bucktailing & eeling applications (SS LI, Montauk) without it being a bear on me.

Anyone else fit my profile and use an 11 foot Lami and care to share their ops? And no, I was not able to test it out before purchasing.

Thx.

I'm 5'9", 170#s or so and fish the Arra 1322, the Lami 1321M the 1364M(glass), the 1213M and heave the Break-Away(twisted up by Hatteras Outfitters, thank you) MONSTER 1509 cwm13.gif ...you just get used to it. My 1322 @11' is my go to stick for almost all the plugging I do. Most plugging is done with a 706 or a Nautil 7500.

Staktup,I have an 11' 1pc. Lami I use for throwing the bigger plugs and metals.It throws a 4oz. metal way out there.A bit tiring after a few hours,but a sweet rod.

Staktup, I have fished a GSB 1321L as my primary surf rod for the past 4 years and I'm a whopping 5'9" . I fish mostly Shinny-Montauk and love it. This summer I added a GSB 1201M and used it primarily for bucktails, it really paid off during a couple of the bigger storms for punching bucks through the wind.

Tony