Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
espo@mtkpnt

Bermuda

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Just got back from the island paradise of Bermuda. what a place. kind people good resturants and AWSOME fishing. my dad and i went trolling offshore and caught 4 wahoo. the biggest was 70lbs and they all put up a good fight. it was a blast. the only disappointing thing was that i saw an 8lb bonefish ripped open and dead on the bottom of one of the harbors crying.gif . i suggest to anyone that if you have the chance to go i'd take it. ill post some pics in the next few days.

vin

Took a cruise there for my honeymoon, and it was great. Beautiful place and very friendly people. I couldn't get over how narrow the roads were with the buses flying down them. cwm31.gif

Been there 3 times. It is the one place of the Islands I really love. The people are great. The flight from Philly is 2 hours. Rent the motorbikes and see the Island that way. It is a lot of fun, so beautiful and clean.

You can hire a guide for fly/shallow water fishing, you get go out on a head boat for grouper, etc. or you can charter for deep sea. It is all good.

One drawback...it is the most expensive of the "Carib" islands since everything including water is imported. frown.gif

jeff,

the weather was unbelievable. sunny and high 70's every day. water was in the middle 70's as well. mike, you're right, buses and cars, and mopeds FLY down the roads(no speed limit).

vin

ExChief, if you're on the St Georges side of the island and you have the opportunity stop by Swizzle Inn. Good Food, Good Drinks and great Entertainment. Ray Pasnen plays every night except Wednesday and he put on a fantastic show.

Check out the swizzle inn and get crushed, definitely check out the museams and the stalagmite/tite caves (forget the names).

Belmont has a GREAT golf course (only place on earth i've ever played golf).

Depending on when you're there, this year is the Marion - Bermuda Race, so there will be a big party down in Hamilton at both yacht clubs in June. Always a fun time. But a little toned down in comparison to the Newport-Bermuda crowd.

I'm sure the Bermuda Fitted Dinghys will be racing.

The diving and fishing are both top notch.

Church Bay is one of the "quieter" beaches but definitely worth hanging out at. Its really pretty there and has tons of parrotfish etc. if you're into snorkling.

You planning on a hotel or one of the guest houses?

Took a cruise there for my honeymoon, and it was great. Beautiful place and very friendly people. I couldn't get over how narrow the roads were with the buses flying down them. cwm31.gif

About 10+ years ago the island police got a pair of GSXR's (for god knows what reason)

#1: played pinball in the coral walls coming out of Hamilton (after the roundabout) going towards St George.

#2 drove off a cliff on the south side of the island towards Gibbs Hill.

Nice thing about Bermuda is that the poor people are middle class. Very safe.

0% unemployment, to be an islander you either have to be incredibly wealthy and be set for life, or have a steady guaranteed job. otherwise they throw you off the island.

Took our honeymoon there almost 20 years ago, loved it, plan to return.

Carefull on the mopeds (while driving on the wrong side around the rotarys) My wife wiped out and was almost hit by a car on another occasion

I have been there many, many times. One of the few places on this earth worth returning to smile.gif Gotta rent a double moped for you and the wife - only way to go. There is an island wide speed limit of approximately 25 MPH. The buses may seem like they are flying around, but they do give way to the scooters as thewy are full of tourists and they know well that is who butters their bread. I love to fish there, every nook and cranny has neat critters to catch, and we always charter Allan DeSilva and his Mako. I wish I were going there soon, it's so good for whatever ails ya!