Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RickCatonFreeAgent

We don't kill them all

Rate this topic

278 posts in this topic

Is dumping a whole bucket full of undersized blue crab bodies overboard before getting back to the dock, that weren't used up fishing, called "accepted behavior"?

Is telling the clients that even though it's closed season in the summer for striped bass, it's possible to maybe hide a few small ones, called accepted behavior?

Everywhere this guy posts he causes conflict with everybody because he hates "northerners"

Walter I dont agree even alittle......my take is this.......the guys up nother hammer NC because they take big fish when they are sitting home and the harbor is frozen solid. There is nothing elkse to do so they hammer the guys down south. Rick is out ther making his living and he talks abotu it so what????? I am a yank, I live in Pa and I chose to fish NC the majority of the time. Why??? becasue there are many different fishes to catch and many large ones. I catch more 30# bass on the beach in NC than most of the folks here catch all year up north. I do it in about 4-6 weeks smile.gif

Guys who thing the NC guys kill too many fish should go look at the numbners......look at NJ, Ma Etc......they are always much higher than NC....why? becasue the bass stay there longer....

Explain this one to me....why is a 30# bass that dies in NC in January more impoartant than a 30# bassthat dies off the cape in sepetember???? its all BS....guys are dored so they hammer the southern gusy cause its 3 degrees where they are....

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Ok Guyzzz,

I've toyed with ya enough this afternoon.

Just except it ,it ain't gonna change.

Won't be long the left over cripples that we don't kill will make their way back up the pipe and you can have at them.

Just remember... Mass. yearly recreational landings 6 million plus pounds,.....NC 600,000 lb.s.

Be interesting to know NJ,NY,CT,MD,PA and the rest of youzz guyzz recreational langings,.........ahhhhh yes,....things that make you go hhmmmmmmmmm.

Watch which way ya point those fingers

Mr. Young ,

Just what makes you think I hate "northerners". Unlike my winter and fall business,....about 80% of my guys come from up north in the spring and summer...and they come back again and again and again.

You need to get your facts straight.

I think your 1 of the 4 out of about 4000 TimS spoke of way,way up in some of the beginning threads.

You have your self a regular tooty fruity kinda afternoon.....ta ta

Just trying to open some eyes is all John, I'm not bored and I'm not hammering the guy. I am just passionate about stripers and would like to see them around in good numbers a bit longer that's all. If some of these kill'em all fishermen can start to think of the future and not kill so many, then it would help tremendously. Like I said, if a charter boat up here was displaying more than the boats limit per day up here for all to see, then yes I'd question them also. Money motivates people too and greed ruins fisheries fast.look at the bunker.

I give up, goodnight.

Thanks for your input Waltersmile.gif

Walter, i for one, and im sure a few others would like to hear more about this fine charter captains angling practices. Ya never know, a group of us yankees may want to use his services wink.gif

------------------

Chas........SOL#241

Berkeley Striper Club.... Seaside,NJ

One thing that might be missed here is the fact many of these charters fish one trip a year. I know whenever I take home fresh Striper there is no shortage of "friends" that request a few fillets. It is often hard to keep enough for ourselves to last till spring where hopefully I can harvest one or two more before they are headed up your way.

In many cases these charters are made up of non skilled anglers in the normal sense and this is what they pay for and expect of a charter. These are the only fish they see all year!

I can assure you that when quotas and catch totals are figured they take into account that these boats are successful, when in actuality not all boats manage the success of the Free Agent.

Everyone complains about the big fish being kept but the fact of the matter is most of the time this is the size we see. Every year they seem to average a few pounds larger than the year before, which tells me they are expanding, that coupled with the fact their range seems to go further south every year.

Don't think that all Stripers are killed just because of successful trip photos. Most everyone I fish with releases most of the Stripers they catch, and keep in mind the success rate of released fish in the warmer waters during part of your season is less than our success rate during our entire season. I know, I know .... any fish released has a better chance than one in the cooler...

But he does taste so good.....

Da Rat

Rat, no need to get to worked up. This is the typical wwre frozen and bored how can those bastages in NC kill all our breeder bass.......mind you these same guys hammmer em all over the cape etc for 6 months but they have time now to begrudge the soiuthern boys their chance. this thrwad happens yealr. I hope to get back down to hatteras soon so I can post lots of pics of dead 30s so I can stir the blood of the frozen yanks......Rick am I a honorary southern fisherman yet wink.gif

BTW isnt it time we post thjose pics of the NC haul siene slide show form 1972....so we can al feel goo about ourselves....stop wasting your time and fight worthwhile battle for things like the 24 inch limit in NJ the largrst consumer/waster of striped bass in the WORLD.

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

[This message has been edited by John M (edited 01-27-2003).]