Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IsmailG

A conversation with Mo Ron

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Did a little carp fishing today. Im there at the edge of the pond casting my lines out, when some guy comes up to me and proceeds to ask the following:

Mo: Is there any fish in there?

Ismail: Yup

Mo: You sure?

Ismail: Pretty sure

Mo: What kind of fish?

Ismail: Carp

Mo: You sure?

Ismail: Uh huh

Mo: Big?

Ismail: Nice size

Mo: Can you see them?

Ismail: Yes...sigh

Mo: Catch any?

Ismail: Yup (if he aks me "are you sure", I am going to drown him)

Then thank goodness he leaves. Where do these people come from?

You're lucky he left, sometimes they feel like staying and enjoying the afternoon with you and of course they keep asking those kind of questions....

smile.gif

Caranx

IsmailG I don't know about yours but I think that in the back of my mind they might be responsible for me quitting Carp fishing and becoming a saltwater addict.....

Caranx

Ismail....great story.....drown him next time he doubts you!!! smile.gif

Ditch......wink.gif

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside, NJ

It is my steadfast belief that this person never existed before that day. When he walked away, he simply disappeared! He was placed here by some unseen evil force simply to annoy you and rile you up. Typically this "creation" will leave just about the time you're gonna get physical or say something you shouldn't. It happens to me alot, especially on the highway....does anyone know the way to the roadcwm23.gif rage seminar???

Mo sounds like my father. He'll go out of his way to walk up to ya, hands in pocket, baseball cap pulled low on his head, rock back and forth ( this is where I keep walking) and proceed to give ya a dose of Mo.

A minute or two later he'll catch up to me and and mumble "what a rude SOB, he wouldnt even answer me." All I can do is chuckle silently at which point I hear "Hey, I'm gonna see if he got anything over there"...... OK Dad, I'll catch up to you wink.gif

roughseas

10 years ago when I live in D.C. I used to go down to the Potomac near the Mall and throw bait for catfish. Usually there would be 3 or 4 other guys fishing as well. Being the only white guy, all the F-ing tourists would walk up to me and ask "are there any fish in there( The Potomac)?"