Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArchieLunker

Good Tackle/Rig/Knot Book

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Archie, Not to be a wisenheimer, but , you obviously have internet access. I found that by searching the internet (try google, just type in what you are looking for), there are everything from simple diagrams to flash videos to regular videos of how to tie knots. For example, it was and is very helpful to me to see how to tie a whip finish knot when I can play the little video over and over to get it right, and bookmark it so I can go back and get a little refresher course right before using it if it's been a week or three. Click "fishing articles" at the top of this page and there are links to knots under the headings "Leaders and leader knots", "Teaser and plug rigs".

Bob

ps. That is not saying that the book mentioned is wrong, you would want that especially like when on vacation and away from the computer.

[ 03-13-2005, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: bob2469 ]

The other good book that I have my eye on is The Complete Book of Fishing Knots by Geoffrey Budworth. He's a Brit and some of the knots are named differently (but have US alternate names in the index). I have Lefty's book mentioned above, but I think the schematics in Budworth's book are bigger and easier to understand. If you go to the Amazon-dot-com website and type "fishing knots" in the search bar, you'll be able to look not only at all the books on the subject, but individual pages within the books to help you make up your mind.