Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
achez

Ethanol/Gas Mileage

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I've read in the Seaworthy that your fuel mileage is going to decrease by 15% not 3%. I have not put the stuff in my tank yet as I'm trying to drain it down as far as possiable before adding.

I've seen a 6-7% decrease in WOT rpms. I can probably get it back up to where it should be by repropping, but I'm sure that means I'm burning more fuel at the normal operating speeds.

I am finding closer to 10-15% less in my truck and a noticeable difference in my boat. ( Hard to calculate %) One thing is for sure WOT in the boat is 3 MPH slower on the GPS. It has been consistent for 4 years with the current set up and now its off 3MPH. Something is fishy.

I am finding closer to 10-15% less in my truck and a noticeable difference in my boat. ( Hard to calculate %) One thing is for sure WOT in the boat is 3 MPH slower on the GPS. It has been consistent for 4 years with the current set up and now its off 3MPH. Something is fishy.

Nothing fishy at all. !0% less energy per gallon generates 10% less power, which tranlates into your lose of speed. Either rejet your carbs or swap out the prop to get your WOT back to normal.

Nothing fishy at all. !0% less energy per gallon generates 10% less power, which tranlates into your lose of speed. Either rejet your carbs or swap out the prop to get your WOT back to normal.

Why then are we still paying the same high price? Not 10% less!! That is what is fishy.wink.gif