Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skitter

Theories, Thoughts, and Speculations: Outer Beaches

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Bronk, absolutely..... but i still have to do a little bass hunting every now and then wink.gif. how have you been doing? KR said you got intosome good ones using the bass snacks we get this time of the year. i may go this afternoon; but i'vegot a party tomorrow.

Yea I had a couple decent fish, my brother lost a slob. He said the gators have moved in.mad.gif

I'll try to keep track of the bass while you guys chase the funny fish around.biggrin.gif

Where are these "golden" spots that are revered by all who eye these posts? biggrin.gif The tuna sickness will envelope anyone who dares to fish for them. Bronko you will soon learn. G-Man call me I got some new stuff for the hardtails and have some solid info where we will score. Bronko- The spot you, the carpenter, and I met up to throw needles has large as we speak. heart.gif

santa and upstate slayed 'em saturday night/sunday morning right where we got em last year. See above post. I'll be out Thursday -Sunday prowlin' for hardtails. BTW- Bronko the spot where the 55 came from is getting really hot. see s-b pm's.

There are no sandeels. Period. There were earlier, but now even the comm guys are having trouble raking up a bag. But or should I say BUT!, there are fish there. As I was cracking the code ( small sandeel needle by justplugit) They closed the Race. Get out, the birds are here. Figures..

Hey, Gents!

Heard there was a herd of cows up river, 'round the Merrimack way.........

Nothing, yet, along the shores for me (Halibut Point, Manchester by the Sea, Lynn Harbor, Deer Island) better luck, later I hope.

Took a four mile walk along the Eastham, Wellfleet outer beaches yesterday. Did not see ONE tern. Usually you see hundreds this time of year, all carrying sand eels back to the chicks. What's up with that?

The big question remains why don't the big schools of bait come close to shore anymore. Seals may explain why bass don't come in close, but if the bait is there, the bass will be there. Supposed to be bait offshore, but if I was a sandeel, I'd take my chances with a 300 lb seal inshore over a 5 ton whale plus other predators offshore.

The water looks clean and is the right temperature. I begin to think though, there's something in the water that's driving the baitfish away.

BBJ have you thrown anything other than plugs?

No, But this coming weekend I'm returning to my former evil,savage ways. Bait it is. What kind? Hint: you dig them. Solid producers.