Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bido

60 or 70 pound class bass?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Just wondering...When was the last time a 60 or 70 pound class bass was caught? Not just in NJ, but the Northeast? How rare are these bass? Thanks.

..............AS I KNOW IT ................

59 caught in Cod

I heard a 68 in L.I. ??? Gossip or truth ???

Fish Eye had a 60 or there abouts.

53 in Marthas Vineyard during Derby

57.8 at barnagat Inlet 11 7 2002

48.0 at Assetugue Island in November

37.5 in Hatteras 12-1-2002

50 s' in Rhode Island (heard of 2-3)

Any others ??? I am sure the FISHERMAN has some posted for the contest... Still like to see if there really was a 68 !!!

...........Let the Cow be with You............

------------------

The Holy Cow ~ Lets Release them >>)))'>

How many 70-pound class fish this year?

If I am not greatly mistaken, you can count the number of 70+ pound Stripers caught with rod and reel on your fingers. I am not talking about only THIS year, but in all the time such records were maintained!

Even a 60-pound class fish is an event!

I would deem the fishery healthy if a dozen 50-pound class fish were landed on Long Island each season. It has been YEARS since we had this.

Flounder

Flounder

Sorry Flounder... Too much pressure from all fisherman to see that again... I would like to see how many the Comms get in there nets... I bet it is big time... I feel thats where all the cows go!!!

------------------

holy cow, how much did your fish weigh in that photo? Thing is a freakin' monsta.

I saw a guy lose what could have been a 60 once. He hooked it on a danny casting from a boat. The thing took off on top and it's back looked about 14 inches across.

I would deem the fishery healthy if a dozen 50-pound class fish were landed on Long Island each season. It has been YEARS since we had this.

Flounder

Flounder

A dozen is a bit much, but there were 6 on LI last year, and 2 this year. Not all make the press, and not all catching them needs the press wink.gif

I will get the dates, but my buddy has 2 60's WITH PICTURES within the last 15 years, as well as 12+50's within the last 9 years WITH PICTURES. ALL FROM THE BEACH.

You might want to read his new book coming out very soon titled NIGHT TIDES.

------------------

usa3.gif336tfs.jpg

I haven't heard of a 60+ down this way in a bunch of years, even off the boats.

I've heard of two real nice solid fifty's off of boats this year, 56# 11/5 in DE Bay and 56.5# 11/24 in the mouth of the Chesapeake. Pictures are floating around on other sites; seem to be legit. Been real sweet if they were surf fish, but still respectable bass.

TF3 is correct on that fish caught last year. I also heard of one over 65 pounds landed from the Big D during the spawn this year. It was weighed on a Boga and released.

there were pictures of that fish in one of the B&T's

also there were many 50's pulled out of DE Bay again this year by the boaters, and i think i read a story of a lady catching a 62-64lb bass out of the DE rips last year.

there are many big fish caught in the de bay and the de that know one ever talks about......

I believe a woman got a 64# (new female record) last year somewhere in CM.

new female record? grumble grumble moan complain tongue biting.

TLDIG....Check your PM messages... Thats if you like to catch Cows!!! Bass Blitz is coming !!! Well maybe !!!Grumble Moan Grumble Moan... The Holy Cow

------------------