Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Fishing for the week of 5-7-06 through 5-14-06

Rate this topic

133 posts in this topic

Caught one short on blood worms out front at Sandy Hook. Only my second striper, but great to be catching again. Guy next to me caught three or four on clams.

I left after the "Russian Mafia" mugged me. Four guys squeezing in to a space where only one guy had fished all morning. Sheeesh.

Moved inside and tried bucktails. Skunked. Anybody know a good book on fishing with artificials? I can't seem to figure it out on my own.

One of the best books I've read is Fishing With Bucktails by William Muller. Check it out! My catch has gone up with bucktails!

Raritan Reach in the boat. BIG blues on bunker...Guys around me getting stripers on clams....did I bring any clams?? Go ahead..take a wild guess.headscratch.gif

Fargin bastage...

Geez.... You guys are making me feel like I'm a fisherman. Took my sons out this morning on the floating crutch and it was a massacre. Of course, we were far from the fleet. I hate drifting through boats... We kept two 32 and 38 inches. Now my boys are feeding my family. cwm12.gif

LL

Fished Raritan Bay tonite with my 10 yr old daughter

with some stinky clams that had been on ice in a cooler in my trunk for 3 days. No sooner got the rods in the water and BAM! Nice 32 inch keeper. No other bites at all fished for another 30 mins and nuttin.

dropped him off at my brothers house

(the master fish smoker) yum yum.

Decided to take a trip south to IBSP and got into a good bite with the ripping moon tide. Eight bass between 30"-40" on a 9" black sluggo and rubber bunker shad. Two large weakies also in the mix.

lg_smile.gif

took the girlfriend to MoCo w/ clams. 2 1/2 hours of the incoming before dark; 4 from 21" to 24". she got cold before we managed one for the grill - went home and ordered takeout instead. she's good luck, though... she's 2 for 2 as a fishing buddy for avoiding the skunk.

Decided to take a trip south to IBSP and got into a good bite with the ripping moon tide. Eight bass between 30"-40" on a 9" black sluggo and rubber bunker shad. Two large weakies also in the mix.

lg_smile.gif

I'm feeling nauseaous......very, very nauseaousupck.gif

lg_smile.gif

birthday.gif