Fishing for the week of 5-7-06 through 5-14-06

Rate this topic

DaveC

Throw that clam fly biggrin.gif

The stripers and flounder I caught bayside were on the 5" Opening Night Bass Assassin. Try a big purple/blue/silver streamer. May have looked like herring to them.

"Sea shore washed by the suds and the foam, been here so long he's got to callin it home"

Care to clue a brotha in on a tide stage? naughty.gif

I was having luck in the AM bottom of the out, any hints as to what changes to make?

Fishing a large, deep hole no more than 30 feet off the beach. Soon as there was enough water to clear the outer bar fish started pouring in like like fat ladies when the krispy kreme blue light goes on. As soon as the tide turned a mad dash back out to open ocean. At low you could see that this particular hole was at the end of long trough and every clam for 300 yards was deposited in the hole during the outgoing, shells were three feet deep.

Caught fish at the bottom of the out as well but it was more work for less fish

I'll throw this suggestion out: I lived in Asbury Park for awhile and I always used to see a lot of Clams on the beach after a storm and rarely saw anyone there fishing Clams. I'm talking about the area north of the Convention Hall. I was a plug snob at the time so I didn't try Clams. freak.gif

The Bucks stop here...

Mike D: Thanks for the input. Sound like it's time for the blue/red/white deceiver or my large herring imitation.cwm40.gif Unfortunately, this won't be anything different than what I've been using since mid-April. In fact, I've probably gone through my entire fly box since then.rolleyes.gif Hopefully, I won't have to post another skunk.gif report on Mon.

Fished RB today 9-5. Blue fish-o-rama.

first 50 on bunker, second 50+ on A17's + shads. 5-8 lbs. they wouldn't touch a popper or plug.

Bunker all over the place. No bass in sight.

No one fishing...I love when the weather man is wrong.wink.gif

Member Hi-Mar Striper Club

slow night throwing big wood & looking for bunker for me. i eventually sized down & dropped one on a mag darter. a buddy of mine had one on a schoolbus bomber...

small pops here & there..... east side'ah the bay...

wrong place - wrong time. freak.gif

fearisyouronlygod.

Just got an up to the minute phone call from a buddy out front in a boat trolling. They're in them, nice fish too, couple +/- 40". Nice to see this. I bet they are a lot closer to terra firma once it gets dark. smile.gif

Is it too much to ask to just breathe, be able to walk and go fishing?

Last night, Raritan bay - Wally Gator 'O Rama.

Did I ever mention I mad.gif Bluefish ?

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

fished in a bay somewhere. caught nothing.

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

Caught one short on blood worms out front at Sandy Hook. Only my second striper, but great to be catching again. Guy next to me caught three or four on clams.

I left after the "Russian Mafia" mugged me. Four guys squeezing in to a space where only one guy had fished all morning. Sheeesh.

Moved inside and tried bucktails. Skunked. Anybody know a good book on fishing with artificials? I can't seem to figure it out on my own.