Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Fishing for the week of 5-7-06 through 5-14-06

Rate this topic

133 posts in this topic

BIG weakfish in south Jersey. Bass and more blues than BB King up north. Take your pick. (Thanks soleman for that BB King phrase, I'll be using that one......hopefully not all year!)cwm31.gifbiggrin.gifpig2.gif

As usual, post reports here.......as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas. Sometimes just a town name is too much information! Doing so only adds to the traffic in certain areas and it might cause an internet feud. Feel free to share any thoughts you might have on local conditions and "I got the old skunkaroo" reports" are OK too.

I seen a big big drum today, not mine of course, I just added to the masses throwing lots of short bass back to the ocean. It was good to see no one keeping any shorts. No Mo Co.

Ha,

Yesterday the boat was all about BB King. This morning was that big sand spit to our north from the beach.

Geez, I live in NH and I know where you're talking about.HappyWave.gif

Hey Dave, I think your getting excitedbigeyes.gif . The new week starts on 5/8/06.

How can I post week ending 5/7(sunday) and start a new week 5/7(sunday)naughty.gif .

I have enough problems trying to remember my wife's birthday and anniversarycwm12.gifcwm12.gif .

heart.gifheart.gif

All kinds of big fish and big fish rumors flying around. I'm told by someone that saw a photo that the drum went 53 pounds, which is awesome, but the report that really caught my attention is the one that has a 65 pound bass being caught by one of the local commercial guys.

Hey Now! icon25.gif

Took the motorized floating crutch out Saturday morning for a shakedown cruise. I fished a little, but was really just messing with the boat. My social secretary had me booked for an 11-2 party so I left early. Oh well. BB King chewed the back end off a couple of livies for me and I played with a few but had no bass for my minor efforts.

This morning I just happened to wake up at 4 am so I decided to go out for a quick run before church. This time I spent the time to snag enough livies. BB was back but I had 4 bass between 14 and 20lbs between 7 and 9am when I called it a day. One took a head BB left for me and the rest were on livies. I had a pig2.gif on the line at one point but it came unbuttoned mad.gif.

We had sushi for dinner icon14.gif

All kinds of big fish and big fish rumors flying around. I'm told by someone that saw a photo that the drum went 53 pounds, which is awesome, but the report that really caught my attention is the one that has a 65 pound bass being caught by one of the local commercial guys.

Hey Now! icon25.gif

There are local commercial bass guys in NJ?

There are local commercial bass guys in NJ?

Yeah, they still exist but they are very discreet. And for good reasons. I see them sometimes during my nightly excursions. We bump into each other because we both know some of the places the big mama cows like to hang out. wink.gif