Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squidder

Billy "The Greek" Legakis...5/29 w/ Bill Purkins

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

New Radio show airing Thursdays from 8:00 - 9:00 pm with Bill Purkins on 540 AM. The first guest will be Billy "The Greek" Legakis, subject of "NIGHT TIDES". Should be interesting.

The Squidder

George K

I was gonna add some fuel to an already burning fire, but I declined.

my only point is, how many 30 and 40 lb fish do you think you'd have to catch before you caught 7-8 50's????

biggrin.gif

Thats great news. Couple this show with the new Northeast angler coming out this fall with Rich Tenreiro, and Long Island will FINALLY air some local talent that know how to fish.

how many 30 and 40 lb fish do you think you'd have to catch before you caught 7-8 50's????

BC, I would say counless 30's and a fairly good smattering of 40 # fish. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi Mikie HappyWave.gif

Hi Big Dave HappyWave.gif

This could be very interesting...Perhaps we could schedule an Eel rigging class with John P down at the Anchor Inn during the show.

The Squidder

GeorgeK

yes very good idea,

we can learn how to rig the eel "un-right way" you know the way that doesnt catch any fish!! redface.gifredface.gif

hey, do you think we can get someone to give a demonstration on how to look like youre fighting a fish near a bridge when your actually pulling hopelessly against your bucktail lodged into a piling so you dont look like a fool to everyone else who are slamming one fish after another???

Yes, Bill Purkins is a long time fishing radio host and a comedian at heart! I am also proud to say that he is long time buddy who is extremely excited about his new show!

Aside from the expert panels… Just wait and listen to the commercials…. A few of them will make you cry with laughter! biggrin.gif

I also agree with Mike Lang, Rich Tenreiro is one of the hardest fisherman that I know and his new Fox Network show (Northeast Angling) which will be airing this fall will be a BIG hit!

“Crazy” Alberto

quick report...

9 bass to 25-31 lbs on clams/mackeral chunks last night at the Atlantic Beach Jetty. water clean, with lots of weed.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

biggrin.gif

quick report...

9 bass to 25-31 lbs on clams/mackeral chunks last night at the Atlantic Beach Jetty. water clean, with lots of weed.

"so if it's fast action, and a fun family outting, bring the kids and hit the west end jettys".

The Squidder

GeorgeK

If anyone's interested the phone in # for tonights show for questions and comments is 631-955-5400.

It would be interesting to ask Bill about his numbers and the amount of controversy his numbers created among the so called self proclaimed "professionals".

This should be interesting.

Squidder