Ralph78

Staten Island

Rate this topic

3,700 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Vinny H said:

Hello everyone. Its been a loooong time. Im just writing to ask for some advice and help. Im looking for a summer time job since ill be returning home from college soon. I want something to do with fishing, or really anything outdoors. Do you guys know where i can apply? Im taking all ideas at this point. Thanks guys. Tight lines.

The tackle shop right next to GK(I believe it's Mansion Ave?) seemed to always be looking to hire last year. Worth checking in with them. 

15 mins ago, FisherMan120 said:

The tackle shop right next to GK(I believe it's Mansion Ave?) seemed to always be looking to hire last year. Worth checking in with them. 

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Definitely gonna check it out.

Googling for surf fishing spots and found the Dorothy Fitzpatrick Fishing pier.

Are you allowed to park there at night?  Is it safe to park there at night?

Thanks.

Yea you can def Park there at night. It is fine but there are a lot of regulars on that pier at night. The pier is very small and It will probably be somewhat crowded. 

Been away from SOL for a while. I’m surprised to see this thread still going after 12 years!! I haven’t had a chance to get out. How’s fishing it been around the island??

Posted (edited)

Just dropping a line in this thread to honor it's 14th anniversary.  May it be closed quietly and with dignity.

Edited by simpk5

curious for future reference, anybody know if they still bother you for fishing off the rockpile at the fort?