Ralph78

Staten Island

Rate this topic

3,700 posts in this topic

all this over gateway........... it's just a national recreational area that consists of 3 places. No wonder why people "come and go" in this thread. 

Edited by Mikey282
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mikey282 said:

all this over gateway........... it's just a national recreational area that consists of 3 places. No wonder why people "come and go" in this thread. 

That's really disingenuous. No one means anything other than great kills when they say gateway, but Tim has spoken so that's that.

Anyway, how's the fluking going for everyone? It's been an abysmal season for me so far. Short after short after short, mostly from the yak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Snapking said:

That's really disingenuous. No one means anything other than great kills when they say gateway, but Tim has spoken so that's that.

Anyway, how's the fluking going for everyone? It's been an abysmal season for me so far. Short after short after short, mostly from the yak. 

Been on some shores as of late, only seen 1 small fluke caught 20 feet out on a yak. Really slow fluking. Been relying on dogfish to keep me entertained lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Snapking said:

That's really disingenuous. No one means anything other than great kills when they say gateway, but Tim has spoken so that's that.

Anyway, how's the fluking going for everyone? It's been an abysmal season for me so far. Short after short after short, mostly from the yak. 

This fluke season has def been pretty bad. Just feels like no big body of fish ever made it into raritan bay for whatever reason. Its just a pick. I got a 8+ lb fish on a plug which was a nice surprise and I am sure will be my fluke of the year but overall its a pretty bleak picture out there and that includes the guys working the channels from the boats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vinny H said:

 Been relying on dogfish to keep me entertained lol.

I will always appreciate your unwavering love for dogfish and skates ha. Dogfish on light tackle are fun better than catching nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, genu said:

I will always appreciate your unwavering love for dogfish and skates ha. Dogfish on light tackle are fun better than catching nothing.

Lately i have been begging to catch anything and beggers can't be choosers in this case. Thats why i am happy catching doggies and some skates (skates not so much). But yes, its an unwavering love for sure hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vinny H said:

Lately i have been begging to catch anything and beggers can't be choosers in this case. Thats why i am happy catching doggies and some skates (skates not so much). But yes, its an unwavering love for sure hahaha.

Hardly even sea robins around. The only upside is so far the flies have not been terrible. I am sure that is coming though. Relentless biting bastards that they are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, genu said:

Hardly even sea robins around. The only upside is so far the flies have not been terrible. I am sure that is coming though. Relentless biting bastards that they are

Ok, so its not just me noticing that sea robins have been MIA so far. Dont remind me of thise flies.... Last week at Midland pier i was stung twice by hornets. Ruined my day. Pier was elbow to elbow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang twice? I was stung 2 times in my entire life by yellow jackets.about 15 years apart and they were in exactly the same place. At least I am consistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, genu said:

Dang twice? I was stung 2 times in my entire life by yellow jackets.about 15 years apart and they were in exactly the same place. At least I am consistent.

Yep this was only my 2nd occasion getting stung. Last time i was 10 so about 10 years ago. Was tired of having to go back to the baitbag for minnows during a snapper blitz so i put some in my pocket. Bee went in the pocket while i went to grab one of the minnows and that bee messed up my middle finger. Hurt like hell. Sum of the story... Never put minnows in your pocket lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.