Ralph78

Staten Island

Rate this topic

3,700 posts in this topic

I love how Vinny H is the champion of the skate and dogfish, he sees their inner beauty hah. I saw a big dead skate in the water yesterday about that size.

I love how Vinny H is the champion of the skate and dogfish, he sees their inner beauty hah. I saw a big dead skate in the water yesterday about that size.

LMFAO. I see their inner beauty because they're the only thing i can catch. But yeah, i have an appreciation for all sea life. Skates have been huge as of late. I wonder if its that they are bigger at this time of year, or if the big ones come in every other year. Usually they are pretty small. Their huge now.

Posted (edited)

If you think they're huge now, wait till you see what they look like in August and September! Grilled Skates, Skates Marinara,Smoked Skates etc,etc.

Edited by rockeddy

Nothing more frustrating than when there are fish around but they will not take artificials no matter what. Bunker or bust   :(

Be nice to fish in may without snot running down my face and frozen fingers

I hear you on that, I was looking at glacier gloves yesterday. But warmer weather is a coming  temps will climb into the 70°s and 80°s next week for sure with a day or two of rain, much drier than this week for sure.

Can't believe this thread is still going!!

2006..thats pretty nuts. I wonder if this is the longest ongoing thread on here

2006..thats pretty nuts. I wonder if this is the longest ongoing thread on here

Its because we are so loyal to each other. Letting this thread die would be a shame and a huge letdown to all of us. Guys, take a second and pat yourselves on the back. Were doing well.

Posted (edited)

Lastnight Saw some wild animals at a popular fishing spot on S.I. dumping garbage out of a NPS garbage drum,rolling the drum to the shorline,sticking 3 rods in it to use as a rodholder...and yes the drum was left there and so was the garbage...sickening and despicable.

Edited by relentless pursuit

Yeah I believe you. Part of me wants to turn into the fishing version of charles bronson and dispense some street justice on the ****birds

Lots of blitzing going on, also lots of plug ignoring. Almost time to go over to the dark side and live line bunker since it is the only game in town.

New body of blues have moved in, little guys. Speaking of little guys I managed to snag 3 grass shrimp on a kastrmaster today within like 5 mins of each other.