As promised to CD - DIY Router Extention and Fence

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Jet contractor saw with the stamped steel legs removed and replaced with an old kitchen cabinet. Locking wheels so I can roll it onto the driveway when I want to use it. Set up to use the shop vac as a dust collector.

RouterSetup9e.JPG

Router Table:

Corian scarfed from a neighbor kitchen reno (leftover sink cutout), framed with Poplar and bolted in place of one of the stamped steel wings.

Fence:

Poplar faced with Formica attached to the saws fence with c-clamps.

Featherboard system made of plywood and pine.

RouterSetup1e.JPG

Hitachi 3 1/4 plunge router recessed into the corian.

RouterSetup5e.JPG

Veritas micro adjustable lift kit

RouterSetup4e.JPG

Fence showing featherboard system and formica face to help the material slide along smoothly.

RouterSetup3e.JPG

I recently upgraded the featherboard system and still have to cut the notch to allow the shop vac to plug in to the top of the fence. I used clear Lexan for this to make it easier to see if it's clogging up.

RouterSetup7e.JPG

These last two shots show the back side of the fence that I've modified to act as a -0- clearance guide for the saw. Works great for cleaning up board edges.

RouterSetup8e.JPG

RouterSetup6e.JPG

The whole thing was made as a stop gap until I bought a commercial model and is all materials from my scrap bin. Only took about an hour to assemble. The thing ended up working so well I never did bother getting a store bought one.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962