Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ipspest

Masking tape residue on laminate flooring

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I had taped a bunch of resin paper over a new laminate flooring last winter to protect it.I left some areas taped down for over a year hammer-time.gif

Now I've wound up with masking tape sticky residue that is being a PITA to remove.

The floor came out real nice and I don't want to screw it up by using something I shouldn't trying to remove it.

Sugestions would be appreciated.

Thankin ya kindly of course biggrin.gif

What KoQ said....or acetone, but again, test first.....

Or, some of that hand cleaner you get at AutoZone.....(the white stuff without the grit....costs like $1.29 a tub)......that takes off anything (I use it not only for my hands after working on the Volvo, but also to take pine sap off my hands when I am making Xmas wreaths or decorated the house with greens for Xmas, and it works wonders).....but, yet again, test first......

Or.......some cheap olive oil.....it works, and if all the stuff above tests negative, the olive oil certainly won't hurt it.....it just needs to sit on the glue for a bit....

when I am making Xmas wreaths or decorated the house with greens for Xmas, and it works wonders).....

And you still deny being the resident Martha Stewart of SOL. Just come clean already.

cwm27.gif

That explains the Volvo rolleyes.gif

Sorry Steve, I couldn't resist!

I like using denatured alcohol for doing a lot of those type of things. I use to use acetone, but that disolves/melts many plastics.

Goo gone works great for price labels as does that DL hand cleaner w/out the grit.

As stated do a small test area in a non obvious location. wink.gif

when I am making Xmas wreaths or decorated the house with greens for Xmas, and it works wonders).....

And you still deny being the resident Martha Stewart of SOL. Just come clean already.

HEY.....when I was a teenager, I used to make BIG BUCKS making and selling Christmas wreaths, grave blankets, and other arrangements all through November and December....something my grandfather taught me how to do..... tongue.gif

Now back to your regulary scheduled thread......