Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben Lippen

"Rigid "Tools

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

i saw these in the despot but i did not know they bought rigid. rigid has made plumbing tools for along time. their pipe threading machine is the by far the most popular pipe threader i have ever seen 10:1 over any other brand. their other industrial piping equipment is also very popular with the fitters (pipe groovers, porta bands, pipe wrenches etc...). i have 2 screwdrivers that i found but what can you say about a screwdriver except that they seems well made and have a nice handle. i thought Husky was the house brand at the home despot?

[ 07-23-2004, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Andrew B. ]

Well Ben, Rigid Tools. You teed it up for me but I am not gonna say it. HE HE HE!

The Shop Vac is decent but the filters are a little pricey.

The pipe stuff is supposed to be first rate. As for the power tools, I wonder how you get them repaired since Home Dumbo doesn't do repairs confused.gif

" The Home Depot is and will remain the exclusive hardware home center retailer of RIDGID bench and stationary woodworking power tools, as well as wet/dry vacs, hand tools, pumps and plumbing/pipefitting tools."

the exclusive hardware home center retailer

i guess the key there is "home center". all the major pumbling supply houses around here still carry their pipe fitting tools.

Sorry guys redface.gif

I was refering to the power tools Home Labyrinth sells, not the good pipe stuff.

Andrew, I think Husky is the hand tools line. Wrenches and sockets and such.

They've ben out a year, and I've yet to see a power tool on a job site. Cordless or otherwise.

I know a guy w/the table saw. He likes it (not a pro).

This is why I ben wondering wink.gif

Home Depot does do repairs now. I brought back a finish gun one day that miss firing all the time. They refused me a new one, even though the pro desk said no prob. They then told me they would fix it, and then sell me a service plan. This is supposed to be their new policy with all power, and pneumatic tools, to sell maintenance plans on them. Anyway I went back the next day and spoke with a different manager, and got a new Bostitch.

rigid brand is being made by the company that used to make the craftsman power tool line up until 1988 i believe (emerson electric? does that make sense.. they took over all the king sealy lines in the early 1960's).. the power tools themselves don't look too bad.. had a chance to look at their big band saw and jointer at the home despot near my house.. i abhor the company having worked for them right out of college in the early 1990s..

i have a thing for some of the older craftsman tools.. just scored a 1950's vintage 4" jointer for my father (although i may end up with it in my shop because my brother wants a 6" jointer..).. hell i paid 65$ for the jointer, a monster stand, and motor.. the jointer has new blades, bearings and bushings..

i can say that the rigid shop vac is decent.. i have the largest one that does not convert to a leaf blower.. (not sure on gallons.. 15 or 20.. i could be wrong there)..

I have used their table saw and one of their chop saws,I still like Makita for both, unless you have a tractor trailer and can afford the space to carry Dewalt stuff.