Fishing around Ft Lauderdale/Miami?

Rate this topic

lars

lars,

You can also bring a 9 weight and an assortment of flies, or a spinning rod and a bunch of lures and fish the beach in the early morning hours before the lifeguards and people get on the beaches. I do that in Ft Lauderdale on a regular basis.

Spigola

You looking for a cushy sportfish with a cabin and head or a center console that will put you on fish? If it's the latter there's couple of people I can recommend to you...

Thanks G, the center console guys would fit the bill just fine as long as they fish with conventional tackle... It would be great if they did both conventional and fly fishing that way I could flyfish while the others used conventional tackle wink.gif .

Lars, give Glenn Morgan on the Endangered Species a call at 305-335-2826. He runs out of Haulover Inlet in North Miami. He has a 26' Goldline, with a 9 foot beam. It is a very comfortable boat. He spends most days commercial fishing for kingfish or swords, and also does charters. He's a real low profile guy, but an excellent fisherman. Ask him about the fly fishing as I know his MO is to chum with live pilchards, then live bait.

If you want to spend the extra dollars, you should look into chartering Bouncer Smith, who is somewhat of a legend down there. BTW, Glenn sometimes works as a mate for him during the tournaments. You won't go wrong with either guy.

www.captbouncer.com