Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jhorton

Looking for Cabo Surf Fishing Info?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Can anyone point me to a good source of info for surf fishing around Cabo San Lucas?

Does anyone know how to contact Sergio? My e-mail address for him is bouncing...

Thanks,

Jay Horton

Do a search in Yahoo under the name Jeff Klassen and you will find tons of info on Cabo fishing. I fished with him there and can tell you that he knows where, when and how to get you into some good stuff!smile.gif

------------------

DC ><}}}}> bigfish_bite_md_clr.gif

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside, NJ

SOL# 20

I would suggest you contact Eric Brictson. He is a regular contributor to Baja Destinations Weekly Report (http://www.bajadestinations.com/) and is a serious surf fisherman.

Eric can be reached at:

Gordo Banks Pangas

Eric Brictson

Owner / Operator

800 408 - 1199

Los Cabos 14 2-11-47

e-mail : gordobanks@prodigy.net.mx

http : //www.gordobanks.com

Jeff Klassen is very helpful, you should get in touch with him. When I was down there a year ago I tried the surf a little, this is what I found: if you find a jetty/rockpile, go back at night with a flashlight and catch the crabs that should be all over the rocks... use them for bait and you'll be rewarded with nice snappers. Also, a lot of locals fish very early in the morning and they were very friendly when I approached them, even gave me some sardines they caught with a cast net. They fished live sardines on fishfinder rigs for small sierra mackarel, jacks, and enourmous puffers. This was in Dec., though, things might be different when you go. If you want to see a truly awsome surf video buy Klassens "Pez Gallo/Baja Days" video of surf fishing for roosters. It is absolutely increadible.

I surf fish Cabo every year for two to three weeks. This year I will be there from June 3-19.

Bob A has given you some excellent info on Eric Brictson and the destinations website.

Eric reprts are very honest and complete.

Another good website is http://www.bajanet.com

The best surf fishing guide in Cabo is Stephen Jansen. He lives there year round and has an excellent reputation.

There is another well known Cabo surf fishing expert who comes into Cabo for a few of weeks each year.He has a very poor reputation in Cabo due to his shoddy business practices and I would avoid him.

The best months are late May through September.

Good fishing and any further questions let me know.

Guys:

Thanks for the info. I have a cabo trip coming up in august.

Does anyone else have any info they'd like to share?

Thanks again,

Stroth