stripercrazy

lets see your rig, this snow's driving me nuts

1,390 posts in this topic

LOL, not that time - I remembered to retreive them before heading down the beach smile.gif - Thanks for the compliment - full resto back in 2000 - before that it was a rusty red beater.

I miss my CJ . Rollcast

Well if ya run across me out on IBSP stop by - you can take it for a ride up the beach - you just have to bring it back in the same condition biggrin.gif

My trusty CJ...

1jeep.jpg

nice cj mantra, what size tires and rims are you using? I have a 99 tj that runs with michelins 270/60/16's ltx and looking to upgrade. is your cj lifted and how are those tires on the road?

51204.JPG

This one is the "trout truck" on the beach here in eastern NC. We got some nice ones that day last month and my wife found them.

102604.JPG

This is the big rig for our favorite camping spot.

Can't wait to get back up there. Good thread..

ghmason

[ 01-13-2005, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: ghmason ]

nice cj mantra, what size tires and rims are you using? I have a 99 tj that runs with michelins 270/60/16's ltx and looking to upgrade. is your cj lifted and how are those tires on the road?

33"x12.5"x15's on 10 x 15 rims. I can run down to 10 psi without fear of loosing a bead. I have a 2.5" skyjacker softride lift - the ride is good for a lifted cj (with the old lift I needed a kidney belt on the road smile.gif ) but can't compare to a TJ's ride. The only problem I have with these tires is when the roads flood in heavy rain, they're so wide that I hydroplane easily when I hit puddles at speed where narrower tires will cut through, thats pretty standard for 12.5" wide tires but these (trailhandlers) are exceptionally poor. Im switching over to BFG's in the next month or so, they're much better - I got a deal on this set so I went with them. Otherwise dry handling/snow no problems.

This one is the "trout truck"

Nice burban ! I had one about 15 years ago and I still miss it. They are comfy and you can carry pretty much everything in them. Looks to be in great shape.