Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfratny

BM truck?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Rat,

I think you meant Brian BM. Of course BM after surgery means something completely different.lol

I think Brian shoould buy a a bright red Ford Super Duty F-250. Park one where the fish aren't and take the other to da spot.

Shag

So far, I ain't bought nuthin'. The weather has screwed up a holiday weekend I'd intended for test drives (with the wife, I want her comfortable if at all possible) and I'm having to do more office stuff on Sundays then I prefer. Lead candidate is the Dodge Dakota; enough truck for my use, and outstanding ground clearance. Poorer mileage then I had expected for a truck so much smaller and lighter then a true 1/2 ton vehicle like the 150, though. I want to go see/sit in an Xterra, 4runner, 150 (this one the bride has to drive). The arrival this fall of the crew cab Tundra and the Nissan Titan is going to generate some good deals at your Ford dealer. IMHO the remake of the 150 is not going to claim any big advance against the current Ram or Sierra, but it's a useful improvement. The Nissan truck is striking, but it's coming from a clean sheet of paper; new frame, new suspension, new engine and drivetrain, and that's too much "new" for reliability. Also too new to be trusted: the Canyon/Colorado twins that are replacing the Sonora/S-10. They're slightly smaller then the current Dakota, and offer a theoretical 16/20 mpg. With premium going for $2.00/gal., that's not a consideration to be dismissed. I may try to nurse the Explorer another year and let the early adopters help GMC/Chevy debug the new truck. The new Dakota will not be out till December and there's no public information on it at all.

[This message has been edited by BrianBM (edited 02-23-2003).]

Shag, I'm sorry, but even with my fat butt, a 250SD is more then I need. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif The Sierra/Silverado is also excluded from further consideration. The smallest, lightest configuration in which you can get a Sierra or Chevvy with a crew cab and 4WD is the 1500HD.

The smallest engine for that one is a 6 liter v8. Six liters, good Lord, I'd spend $50 every time I filled up. GMC's design engineering does impress, though. Quadrasteer is nice engineering, pity their quality control doesn't match up.

Hey BM it might be in your best interest to get down to your dodge dealer by the end of this week.They are currently ofering a $3000 cash incentive or 000% financing but it expires on friday feb.28.I just bought the wife a grand caravan sport yesterday and think I got a prety good deal Without even mentioning it they beat my best internet price by several hundred dollars which I was not expecting good luck!