Bournedale herring run ?

Rate this topic

J Powers

angler-

did you have to lie to get the senior discount??smile.gifbiggrin.gif

good point though, i forgot about the senior discount. i'm sure that alot of the non-resident permits went at the $25 price, and i don't even mind the price. i did some mental math one year and figured that with my alloted quota i was paying less than a quarter per live herring...i can live with that, even if i have to bust my butt to get bait late in the herring season.

Jetty jockey18 The nice lady at the counter said you do not look like a senior,but when I had to show my drivers liscense,she remarked,well I see that you are an old fisher. I will admit that the price is right. I just had a visit from an old friend that is the fish catcher at the Wharham run and the the ticket system they use means the herring cost $1.00 a dozen. The amount they give depends on how many are in the run. He said that poachers are allready working the herring,but they will be caught. The high water table may slow the migrating herring down a little as the water is really moving at a good speed in most of the runs.Angler

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

i've never taken fish from the wareham run, probably since you are just as liable to get dead fish as live ones (depending on when they were collected that morning).

i just redid my "mental math" and you're right, the cost per fish is half what i originally thought...even better.

middleboro just opened but it looks like the fish are behind schedule...they'll make up for it in april.

Ya, thats about right..$0.08+/- a piece. If I recall correctly last year for the $20 ticket I picked up and froze about 250 herring.

I hope Wareham has the manpower and resources to catch the poachers....not a very wealthy town you know. If it wasn't for the torrential downpours we've been having today I'd go down and become deputized for the day and help catch those lowlife critters.

Joe G