Vineyard Fishing?

Rate this topic

Falbie

there are never any stripers at the Vineyard until the Derby, late in the fall...most of the fish are caught by natives anyway-the fish registered by out-of-staters are invariably purchased from knowledgeable Vineyards or imported...

why do you want to come up here, anyway???aeren't there fish in Joisey now, big ones I here...

also, the ferry is later than usual this year and most of our towns are dry...a guy I know shot a deer tick that was fighting with his dog last week...the tick was winning, and tested positive for Lyme Deasise...the dog was a rotti...

have a nice drive

Lukewink.gifrolleyes.gifwink.gif

with sharp hooks and fresh bait
in a crepuscular dawn we breathlessly wait.
some repose in cathedrals and dream about fishin
I just keep smiling and let His hand shape my mission...
(*member formerly known as 'luker')

Hey Luker, good to hear from you. That why I love the Vineyard soooo much. All those warm feelings from you wanna be natives.

Your right though, as the big fish show here in Joisey I invariably take off to somewhere I can get skunked. Usually following directions by someone like yourself to spots that when I arrive I missed the action by an hour or two or have come improperly equipped.I think I'll head to the Edgartown Docks with cash to buy squid to save me the humiliation of having some 5 year old catch twelve to my 0.

You can't keep me away, I'll be catching your fish soon.

(member formerly known as Woody)

Woody if the water takes a warm turn,you will be into fish,The squid are stating to show and that always precedes the showing of bluefish and bass. I would not be too worried about the Bass ticks,but I would be concerned about the Lymes. Lurker does have a point about a lot of the larger fish being caught by the natives,they always find some off Islander to sell them too. The Islanders in some cases actually catch the fish on the mainland and bring them back to sort of brag a little about how great the fishing is on the Vinyard. It is sort of like using one

fish in several photos,with a change of clothes to impress your friends about all the big fish you catch. Lurker how is it going?

I hope you are ready for the action that is about to start. Angler

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

Angler it is going hot and heavy...at work that is...I got the end of month end of quarter blues, but next weekend I gonna put the ole Parker in the suds and try to run over ta Edgartown and show that Woody guy how it is done up here in large land....ya know, I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but do you really think he stands a chance of catching anything on his own??...all that way to drive and he is bringing a g-i-r-l!!!

I'm figuring live herring off of Wasque on the drop if the wind cooperates....if it is messy maybe do the same inside of Cape Poge...

see ya

Luke

I would highly suggest that all you MA guys head to Joisey this weekend, as I am heading to MV in an attempt to catch OPF's. I'm sure the Joiset coast will be alive with fish in record proportions. Sunburnt shoobies will be catching 50's.

Those that are lucky enough to find a lady,girl or a women to fish with have the best of both worlds. I personally know several young ladies that can out fish a whole lot of todays fishers. They handle the rod and reel with great conviction and have been known to outfish there husbands and boyfriends on more than one occasion. One gets to share the thrills of catching a fish and then has a nice warm body to further share the love of fishing,only in America. Angler

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

Girl fishing? No she's coming along just cause she wants to see where I go by myself all the time. I keep telling her that MV is a real dump. No stores to shop in, the finest restaurant is a greasy spoon diner, everything smells like fisherman that were up all night handling 3 day old clams, and there are no showers, due to water restrictions.

I think my solitary June & Sept weekends might be history. But maybe Ol' Green Tooth Luker will show up before he takes his quarterly bath, that might just put her off.

jeez, what did I say?? Woodmeister knows that I was blessed with a woman who chased stripers and blues with me in Menemsha in '82 and called it a honeymoon...we had to-we were spending the money from wedding gifts...

now I am paying the price-I have my betrothed, and Erica(16) and Heidi (13) chasin' fish and whitetails when the boys allow...seems I only get out with my daughters when ya think about it...hmmmm...

but when you really think about it, it's just natures way of keeping me busy at work (paying for licenses, everything from braid to bows, and waterproof mascera..)so these yuppies from the Joisey shore can hang out on the Vineyard wuth their trophies...and if that guy catches a fish he'll really have sumthin ta show!!!

so I will let him play in my yard for now...the hammer drops in June.

old green teeth

p.s. what's a bath??

Hello MV fans,

I hope I'll run into some you boys during my sorties to the island in May and June. I'll be filming and fishing off Cuttyhunk and MV by next week. If you spot me...smile for the camera, and I'll be sure and let you know where the big fish are swimming.

Mike Laptew

herring.gif