Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skitter

Sunday April 24th Chicken Ranch

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

Skitter

Dont you mean you lost us.....hmm we will be right back, then you were gone! Lenny those bastards ditched us, so much for learning the secret spots. biggrin.gif

Thanks a bunch Skitter, it was a lot of fun. You guys missed all the action we had as soon as you left, fish were busting on the surface, and we were killing them, L-Dog hooked a keeper but lost em! hammer-time.gif

Just Kidding was a fun time, hope to do it again soon!

lg_smile.gif

Monty

[ 04-24-2005, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: montyfishing ]

This Spring Breakfast at the Chicken Ranch is always the kick-off for my season. You will never know how much that I look forward to these. It was good to meet some new guys, and great to see some of the guys that I've come to appreciate over the years! I had a blast! Of course it'll take the rest of the season to assimulate the advice from the "more experienced" ( can't say older any more) Surfmen.

It was great to finally meet folks from the board! Although the weather and the fish were not cooperating I still had a great time. I am sorry I did not get to talk to some of the other folks who were at the table as we were sitting on a seperate table.

When we were fishing we all got wet but with the foul weather gear on I was not too wet...

From the 1hr breakfast I learned a great deal of info, the conversations were great! I saw Skitter pulling out those great looking lures, the folks who made those lures are VERY talented!

If you ever go to the chicken ranch do your self a favor and dont get the "crab" omlet...NASTY!!! I am not picky when it comes to food but that omlet even looked worse than it tasted.

I did recieve a jig from Angler #1 which will never see the water...I am hoping to get some of that fishing mojo out of that jig. wink.gif

Thanks again I had a great time!

Guys it was great if a little chilly. Angler thanks for the lead it will come in handy. Skitterpop thanks for the for the little tour. nice to know I was not to far off last year.

L-dog thanks for the help with the reel and than thanks for letting me use that 704 I think I need to get me one of those. Hope to see you guys around this year.

My wife said I was charged up when I came home like a little kid.

Being in sales and talking with people all the time isn`t the same as having breakfast with like minded fisherman.... it really sunk home what a long winter it had been...you guys are great!

Thank you.... next time fish on!

I too enjoyed having breakfast with some of the guys. It was a pleasure meeting Skitterpop. Backbeachjake, Newcaster, L-dog, Montyfishing. I have met Tagger before, Angler1 I have known and fished with for many years and it is always a learnig experience talking with Stan Kuzia. Loking at all the awesome plugs that were made by some very skilled people that Skitter brought with him was enough to make me want some of them.

Tight lines to ya,

Strippedgear,aka Bob HappyWave.gifHappyWave.gif

shoulda gone, but had a full plate that day, pissah weather, caught a beauty of a chest/head cold... feel like I need an Iron Lung right about now...... hammer-time.gif glad to hear it was a good day for you guys.

HappyWave.gif I guess I'll have to catch the next one, was in NYC with the wife and a few friends, you know, quality time. While you were all gathering on the cape, I was eating a bagel in the city, getting ready to visit downtown.

I had a great time but unfortunately I am paying the price for eating that crab omlet! I have been having many religious experiences on the throne in the bathroom. I have not had any solid output (sorry for the unecessary visual)) since Sunday and my belly is making all kinds of funny noises...just a warning the next time you are thinking about eating the crab omlet.

L Dog I will investigate your morning breakfast that made you sick.

I will be in there on Saturday and hopfully find out if you were not the only one to get sick from the crab cakes

Angler

Next time for a change ....anyone up for Penner`s?

LDog....they have like 100 choices for breakfast; many of them seafood infused and some with baked beans and cornbread... Yummmmmmm!

Wally Mart has a special on 20 rolls tongue.gif

Seriously ... hope you feel better soon smile.gif

Looking forward to the boat thing with you and Monty....maybe before that I`ll send a PM when theres` plenty O`Bass in the hood and we can fish from shore.

Skitter

Day 4 of the saga...and looks to be fading redface.gif .

It is good to know that I did not just eat the one seafood breakfast item that they serve.

Boy am I sore in a certain location moon.gif

crying.gif

L-dog -

TP in the freezer!!! Seriously....it works. Had a ... ehemm... "Procedure" done and tried it. Worked like a charm. Was more like an "Ahhhhhhhhh" when I completed!

Boy....we all share our personal experiences here, don't we!! upck.gifupck.gif