Canal Infomation

Rate this topic

melman

Dose anyone know of anybody or anywhere that

a book or a guide on fishing the Cape Cod Canal can be purchased? I was at a seminar at the Mass Maritime Acadamy on Saturday and someone mentioned that somebody publishes or has published a book or guide on fishing the canal that includins tides, locations and methods. I dont know if it is worth a dam but I would still like to get ahold of it.

Emil

There are a couple books out that give information on fishing spots all over the Cape. The canal is included in these books and I have found both to be very informative as to locations and accessability.

The books are "Striper Hot Spots" by Frank Daigneault and the other is Fishing New England". The second book can be purchased by going to the following web site: http://www.onthewater.com. I can find out the publisher of the other book if you need it just let me know. Brian

Melman....a simple question with so, so, so many answers. If you would like to send me your address to my private SOL E-mail address I can send you much more information regarding fishing the CCC than I could possibly cover on line in this thread. Joe G

If The Fisherman's "Guide to Surf Fishing Vol 1" is still in print, it has Angler #1's article on fishing the Canal, in addition to his Race Point one.

I had one on the Ditch that ran in early July, 1999. I think it was issue #26. It also has the first "Adventures of Eelman and Stevie van Staal" tongue-in-cheek article by Tim Coleman. I don't know whether they sell back issues or not, but you could call them and ask about it. They own the copyright to it, so I couldn't post a copy of it here even if I still had one.

I haven't seen the On the Water book yet, but I'm assuming that either Dave Laporte or Steve Shiraka wrote the Canal stuff.

[This message has been edited by Ditch Jigger (edited 03-12-2001).]

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

Thanks for the offer Joe G. I sent you my email address in the private message area. I hope you got it. I think I may know a few of you guys. I have met Angler #1, J Powers and a few others a few times at Pips rip last season and learned a few things that really helped me understand this area.

Emil

Melman.....Got your E-Mail address but maybe I should have been more specific.... need your postal mail address. If you don't wish to provide it I understand fully. I was simply going to send you copies of a few articles about the CCC from OTW authored by Dave LaPorte or Steve Shiraka along with a copy of Budds Bait and Tackle Selected fishing spots on the CCC. These copies and the info on them are no secret......everyone who has fished the CCC has seen them and they are common knowledge here abouts.... but if your just getting started they may save you some time and point you in some general direction. Up to you. Joe G

ditch

your story was a good one very informative . its july 8 1999 #28 . There is also a story about eelman just before yours that is written by tim coleman . I wasnt on this board when I first read it , I have since read it and think its pretty cool now having chatted with you and eelman on line .I also have read a couple of anglers articles . As with the many many SOLers Ive met and fish with its been a pleasure !

Hi Joe G,

I sent you a second email with my address yesterday. I realized the second after I sent the email to you that was probibly what you were asking for. I will send it again to make sure you have it. Please let me know if you dont get it.

Thanks again,

Emil