Little Country

Falmouth Fishing Report

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Fished *the Area this Past Weekend. BASSMASTER - thanks for info on spots to hit in area - almost all of them were about 5 minutes from where I stayed for weekend.

* fished briefly one night during outgoing tide - bunch of hits on Bomber/teaser combo but no fish landed - nothing on bucktails or eels either -- moved 1/4 mile up road to outflow of Little Pond --picked up decent fish on 3" pink sluggo teaser in front of black metal lip swimmer (almost every fish taken on that teaser for whole weekend)

-- I walked out of trail in woods just after dawn and saw massive school of bass pounding bait in cove on both sides of point -- fish busting surface all over place -- right in front of me near shore out to middle of cove on right -- looked like they were chasing either sand eels or spearing

-- some real nice fish breaking water but catch limited to schoolies on teaser in front of anything I could find to get teaser out there -- I couldn't find ticket to score consistently -- somebody with fly rod would have pasted them

-- one of biggest bass feeding frenzies I'd ever seen -- awesome recommendation Bassmaster

-- no sign of bluefish except for eel turned stumpy

* -- scouted out in day but never got to go back that night -- looked like a really fishy spot -- but where do you set up because at bottom of trail it looked like you could fish there but would have one heck of a time landing a nice fish between rocks

Great Area -- looking get back there in fall when I'd have more time to fish.

Thanks again Bassmaster and Angler #1

Little Country

Edited by TimS
Please keep the locations more general - thanks

im glad you had great time there,* i use 40 lb test and ripp bass over rocks no bs.

i have landed bass to 46 lbs there. smile.gif

its an art to fish there ,i have built rods just for fishing there. and broke more than i care to say.

take off teaser and try tin to get to them, iknow what you mean about large school of fish, i caught over 100 and lost count all between 25 and 38 " there. im glad i hooked you up and you got some fish. have fun .............

------------------

who me? only cockroachs come out at nite. got plug?

Edited by TimS
Let's keep it more general please :-)

Good Morning, Gents. Planning a trip with two of my buddies. We’re heading up to Falmouth this weekend. Was doing some research on some fishy spots in the area and this thread popped up. One of my buddies’ family had a cottage in Onset for years until they decided to sell, so we’ve spent some time up in that area. My buddy and his father used to take multiple charters out of woods hole with Captain John Christian, and he has since lost his father, but we continue the tradition of getting out on some fish and keeping old memories alive while creating new ones. We try and keep our limit on the charter to go home with some fish, and C&R the rest of the weekend. This is our third trip to Falmouth now, and other than the charter, we tend to hit some popular/easy access spots *. This thread is from many years ago, however it seems to fit pretty close to the time of year that you fished back then. Hoping to get on some quality fish this weekend, and just wanted to say thank you for the nice write up, and that this has helped quite a bit! If there is any other advice you can give regarding these spots as far as time of day, obviously I’m sure low light sunrise/set are better, but also tide stages I would appreciate it. Limited to wading spots, I do wetsuit but my buddies haven’t made the jump to get out of waders and into a wetsuit. Making the trip up from Danbury, CT so trying to make the 3+ hour drive worth it! Tight lines gentleman and again thank you for the nice write up it has certainly helped us plan our weekend a lot better and give us some more confidence of catching some beautiful cape cod stripers.

Edited by TimS
Please keep the locations more general - thanks :-)

Haha it’s very possible. Fairly new to this site, but like I said I was doing some research and it popped up so I figured what the hell might as well try!